Translate

Monday 25 April 2016

Being Unique is Better than being Perfect


I just couldn't let the Muse Challenge pass without making a card for it. 
I was totally inspired by Tracey McNeelys' card. 

Its bright and Spring in feeling and the sentiment is wonderful. I tried to lay the flowers out in a similar fashion and kept the greenery minimal. 
I do have some stamp and die sets but they weren't right for my interpretation. I know I haven't layered my flowers with inking but in layout so I hope thats okay. (I have only just realised I had interpreted the challenge wrong not reading but looking at the card so it may not be right for the challenge.....ahhh well, we can but try).

This wonderful set of flowers from Happy Little Stampers was sitting waiting for me to ink it up.


I inked up a page of flowers and leaves, coloured them all different colours
 then selected from them. Aren't they stunning!!
So much potential but here I decided just to go copic and bit of Wink of Stella 
and the centres filled with Glossy Accents. You cant see the Wink of Stella like 
I can but you know its there.


I had to be quick and careful with the photos of the card standing as I had
only just added the Glossy Accents and it was just aching to run down the card.

And what could be better than this wonderful sentiment. A card for my darling
 daughter who is struggling with what life is throwing at her at the moment, and 
could do with a little pick me up.

Better go link it up before the Challenge closes


I also decided that since it was soft and floral it  could go in a couple of other challenges:





Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.
Aileen










25 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love how this is the 'same' and yet still so different from the original - you've really made it your own! So bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a wonderful take on the inspiration card!

Anonymous said...

lovely, bright and oh so pretty! your daughter will love it and will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Bobby said...

Fabulous card, Aileen. I can see this set coming to my house one of these days. Your colors are beautiful and I love, love the sentiment.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous coloring, I love that image!
Tammy x

Mac Mable said...

Just loving the colours, the layering and those stamps are fabulous! Great job x

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is a beauty, Aileen! Thanks so much for joining us at Naughty or Nice this month, Jo x

Cara said...

A fabulous bright card with a perfect sentiment. Sorry to hear that your daughter is having a rough time, sending hugs, Cara x

Buffy Burnside said...

Gorgeous card,I love the flowers and your sentiment is just awesome!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous stamps and fab colours too, lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

lostinpaper said...

So fabulous Aileen, love this bright sketchy bouquet!

Loll said...

LOVE the mix of brightly colour flowers. Great job with masking to create to much visual depth Aileen. xx

Kim Heggins said...

Simply fabulous card...just love your gorgeous and sweet flowers, so bright and beautiful.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! Aileen, so glad you posted this card on the Muse Challenge, it's just so beautiful, so colorful and elegant. I adore that sentiment, it's so true!!!
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Ashwini Rao said...

Lovely assortment of flowers, and I love the colors!

Pop's Cards said...

such a gorgeous creation sweetie hugs Pops x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is beautiful Aileen what amazing vibrant colours you have used I love the flowers and sentiment a brilliant creation
hugs
lorraine x

jenn shurkus said...

such a fun card :) and i love the sentiment!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty Aileen ! Love the colors and glossy accents you added. I'm sorry your daughter is having problems , hope they go away soon!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous flowers and beautiful color combo, Aileen! Fabulous take on Tracey's Muse card!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! Your flowers are so very pretty!! I love your coloring on them!! ;) HUGS

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I think you outdid the Muse here!!!!

Unknown said...

I really love these cards, especially the colors and the center of the flowers! Wow! I'm so glad you joined in the fun at Naughty or Nice Challenges this month, too :)
Sara

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love your pretty flowers, and what a fab sentiment. I'm sure your daughter loved this too :)

Greta said...

Great use of the inspiration--beautiful card & I'm sure it will brighten your daughter's day!