Translate

Friday 8 April 2016

Fabulous bouquet


This is one of those last minute inspirations, started with 2 hrs to go till the challenge I want to enter closes. Hope we make it (nothing like last minute hey Ruth!!).
Stamped and white embossed on watercolour paper this fabulous Hero Art floral background stamp.
As I used Tim Holtz watercolour paper the white really blended in so it was a bit difficult to work out where one plant started and another ended and where the leaves were. I used Tim holtz Distress Inks to paint with a did very light colours till I got it all sorted.


I picked colours as close to the inspiration photo as I could and felt this background was perfect for this inspiration. I then sprayed lightly with pearl mist to add a bit of shimmer.
I then decided to use my new postage stamp die, I love this die and have wanted it for ever so finally bit the bullet and got the Memory Box set that are four different sizes. Can see myself using this over and over. It was tough to cut but only because of the watercolour paper I used that is very thick. But it also reminded me I need to look for one that is easier to use with all these intricate dies and on my hands and hopefully my pocket.

Added to a black card base that is only a bit bigger than thud cut so the card ended up 4.5 x 4.5.



Anyhooo, I then decided to add the fabulous word die, no wait lets do inset word. Did I just finish telling you how hard it was to cut the postage stamp die and now I want to cut out the word???.

Mmmm well I did it after 6 times through and added three lots of paper to build up. Then I die cut the world in gold as I felt that the word would just totally disappear placed back into the original setting as it has too much colour. The gold works perfectly and I even managed to add back each and every little bitty speck of pieces within the die cut word that are usually thrown away. It did make the gold a bit messy with glue marks but once dry fully I will shine up.

Now I would like to add this to



Absolutely stunning inspiration over there and 45 minutes to go.





Okay better go link up before it closes. Thanks for coming to have a look and hope you come again soon.









26 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is bursting with beautiful colours Aileen the black card really makes everything 'pop' I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Barb said...

A beautiful card Aileen. I love it matted on the black. I bet you had fun colouring all those lovely flowers. Barbxx

Viv said...

Such a fab card Aileen... and such patience colouring!x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I love this, the colours are so nice too, hugs Pops x x x

TaeEun said...

This is fabulous, Aileen! Great take on the inspiration photo and great coloring! The gold sentiment really pops up! I agree, the Ranger water color paper is really hard to cut.

Mac Mable said...

What patience to cut the word die and pop all the bits back in to do an inlaid die. The prettiest of card, loving the water colouring and the stamp die is so perfect. Just so beautiful x

Lesley said...

Aileen!! Love your take on our inspiration and those blooms are so bright and cheerful!!! Gorgeous card! So happy you joined us at Inspired by All the Little Things!

Marcie Sharp said...

Such a pretty card! I love that watercoloured floral background. Stunning! Thanks for playing with us at Inspired by All the Little Things!

Loll said...

So very pretty! Beautiful watercolouring Aileen. xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a gorgeous background! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Cara said...

Wow, that was a labour of love! It looks stunning, totally worth all the effort. Cara x

Ruth said...

What a fabulous card for a last minute one - tee hee! You do manage to pull it out of the bag, with Wow!!! Can imagine the water colour card was hard to cut, but the result is worth it. Xx

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous coloring and choice of colors on that wonderful background! It's just as your sentiment states, "Fabulous!"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

OMG I'm swooning over that pretty floral BG, absolutely gorgeous watercolouring and it's certainly fabulous so the word die works a treat there. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS. Sarah x

Kim Heggins said...

This is one amazing and fabulous card!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Aileen! Gotta CASE this one! Love the gold word die--the perfect finishing touch!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful, colorful, cheery card. Well done! I know about those last minute entries...Hope you'll get it there in time. Been there, done that...smile.

Crafty Pearly said...

Fabulous indeed. Thank you for joining me at Pearly Sparkles it is very much appreciated. Hugs, Traci xx

MaryH said...

This is just gorgeous, and the postage die really shows it so nicely, as did that fab golden & dimensional sentiment. Love how you've done the soft colors over the resist...Beautiful card! You work great under pressure! TFS & Happy wkend.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous labour of love this card is Aileen - the colours are so beautiful and a gold sentiment is always a winner in my book :)

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh that's an absolutely beautiful card Aileen!

Sarn said...

Beautiful card Aileen. Worth the die cutting effort! xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out stunning! Your fabulous is the correct word to use!

Claire said...

This is amazing...a total burst of colour on a card!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely sentiment focal, and your backdrop is amazing!

lostinpaper said...

This is truly fabulous Aileen, your colours and your colouring are wonderful, not to mention the gold sentiment (you already know I'm gonna love that)!