Translate

Monday 4 April 2016

Welcome home....welcome little one.....you're welcome

I'm not sure yet. I have used the welcome cause it went nicely with this card but have still to decide what to stamp beside,below, inside.


I love these colours together, the blue and white and pale green. I did this for a colour challenge but after I had finished and checked I saw it says 'lime green'  and 'teal' so think I might have missed the mark.  

The stamp I used is one of those bought it cause it looked so delicate and pretty and thought this would make a lovely background stamp, maybe different blended colours but then the stamp arrived and YES I DID IT AGAIN. Didn't read the sizing just assumed.....my ohh my you would think I would have learnt by now. Actually it was before the die the wrong size error so thats not too bad.


Well I still love it and use it just one colour at a time. I white embossed then did a very pale green wash all over avoiding the flowers as much as possible. Blue detail in the flowers and when it was finished felt it looked a bit wishy washy so went back with the green not so dilated and outlined randomly. That picked it up nicely.

I die cut the floral pattern first with this three rectangle stitched die then again on the blue card base. Put a piece of card stock on the inside on the card to hold the die cut panel straight and for somewhere for these rectangles to adhere to.
Finished it off with the white cardstock die cut 'welcome'.

Very simple card.







couldn't find a button for this blog.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








13 comments:

Hannelie said...

Your card is beautiful Aileen! Even if it didn't turn out the way you wanted! Very beautiful and a great idea to complete the sentiment on the inside!
Have a great week!

Ruth said...

Love the blues and greens and the frames in it. It's quite striking! Xx

Mac Mable said...

So pretty and delicate. Great layout with those dies and you are not alone in not reading the sizes first before buying! Great job on the pretty background x

Cara said...

Oh I just love those little panels that you created, just too sweet for words. Love the layout too, fabulous darling as they say! Cara x

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. With the inlaid die cut panels, it makes me think of windows--like you are welcoming spring--looking out the window and seeing all the pretty flowers.

Monika Reeck said...

simple layout
and lovely flowers on your card
sweet card
love this
Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this week
Hugs
Monika R (ATSM DT Member)

Anonymous said...

A very pretty card. The stamp makes a beautiful background.

Doni High said...

Great use of the inlaid die technique.I think the colors are wonderful!Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

TaeEun said...

You colored the background stamp beautifully, Aileen! And with so many details!!! A very sweet card!

Unknown said...

Super sweet way to use inlayed dies. Love that panel effect. Thanks for playing along at ADTCAS! x Carolyn

Andree said...

A lovely card and pretty paper.
Thank-you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore April Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Aileen. I love the papers and colours. Lovely sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Jennifer Scull said...

I think you did a wonderful job creating this lovely design with your stamps. great use of the word die, too!

Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Crafts Galore Encore! :)