Translate

Saturday 16 April 2016

You can do Anything watercolour resist.


I decided to try another technique I haven't don't before. It was another that Jennifer McGuire demonstrated recently and very simple to follow.

I was going to show some photos but I uploaded them to Instagram and then I deleted from my camera cause I didnt need them anymore except I wanted to show you and cant now cause they are on Instagram and not my computer/
Anyway I did a few different colour groups. This one I did on watercolour paper (Canson) and then scribbled in sections going from pale lavender, to violet to fuchsia  to pink to orange. I taped each piece of paper to a board to keep it as straight as possible.

I brushed over generously with water going first across to get inks wet and flowing then moved around a bit but carefully so as to not drown colours.

I had brushed on fairly heavily to get good rich colour. Pulled some of the colour across each other but was pretty neat to keep each colour. Let them dry totally.


Then I clear embossed using the MFT Lace background stamp. Ohhhh I love this stamp, so much potential. Of coursethen I had to white/silver/gold/black emboss on watercolour paper, plain cardstock, vellum. Yes I can never do just one thing as the mind is turning over thinking, blending, washes, plain ohhh so much  to try.


After clear embossing, I taped the page back down and then commended to wet the cardstock and dab with paper towel to remove extra colour and just leave the design with the dark colour under it. I LOVE IT.
The only negative I found was that even though the water colour paper was taped down both times it still warped quite a bit. I ended up gluing it onto a thick piece of card stock to help straighten the piece out. I cut a two inch piece that I have used on this card.

I then die cut the sentiment is a black shiny cardstock, added a few bright embellishments and its finished.

Makes a great card, now I have another three backgrounds made using different stamps. I did end up using mostly background stamps for this idea, I felt they worked well with the idea and I have quite a few. I did do one background where I collected a number of small flower and leaves but wasn't that happy with the end look, mainly as they were mostly outline and you need a thickness that will hold the colour for contrast. Thats why this lace background works well with this technique.

Another negative to finding all the small flowers and leaves was cleaning them then trying to find which belonged with which stamp set, noooo,  I  like quick and easy.

Challenges: 






Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





10 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aileen, lovely card, and with you on that background stamp...not that I need to know. ;)
Did you use Tombows for the colouring? You just say you brushed the colour on, so wasn't sure which medium you used.

Thanks so much for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous technique, I do so love new techniques to try...Such gorgeous colours and blended colours and with that delicate stamp makes the perfect card. All set off beautifully by that fabulous bold die cut sentiment x Thank you for the inspiration x

Ruth said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and this technique looks fabulous. I know what you mean about doing other things and mind going into over drive! It's great to be able to play though. Xx

Cara said...

Love the vibrancy of this and not a muddy colour in sight! I know exactly what you mean about all the stamp sorting... Cara x

lostinpaper said...

Great colour combo and technique Aileen!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! Love that sentiment!

Anonymous said...

What a great technique. Fabulous colours - so rich and bright.

Ashwini Rao said...

Such an amazing card, Aileen! Fantastic blend of colors and the stamp is the perfect choice!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous Aileen, I've never tried this technique but it sounds fun to do and I'm totally agreeing with you, there are so many new things to try and sometimes, so little time to try them, sigh!!
I love that background stamp, the details really come through with the embossing, just beautifully.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Justine Hovey said...

Beautiful background and sentiment! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge! Justine :)