Translate

Sunday 24 April 2016

Two Cards: Butterflies and more Butterflies


I am fighting a cold at the moment which means I don't feel like doing much but I have done a bit of colouring, stamping, watercolouring so decided to make some cards up today. 

After making them all I thought it would be best just to post two cards and save the others as I think I have missed most of the challenges I wanted to butterfly into. 

Just hold on a sec while I have a cough and empty the bucket I have secured under my nose for all the drips. Still got it even when I'm blah.

Okay lets get going.

Here we have three butterflies (Hero Art Digital) that I have merged in Photoshop with a bit of work as they are not png files for merging but jpg which means you literally have to rub out what you don't want to show on each layer then when finished merge. I then printed up on copic friendly paper and coloured with greens and yellows. A little bit of grey for shadow and a bit of glitter pen on the wings for shimmer. I did add some white dots but decided that I didn't like it so I went back over the dots with the copic markers.


I die cut the drawing with the rectangle stitched die then cut the gold spotted card with the same die so I could slop the coloured image straight into it.
Stamped 'you are my' in grey ink and attached the gold die cut 'sunshine'.

I am really happy with this card and how it turned out.

Next

I'm looking at this card and wondering if its out of focus, I think it might be blurry, hard to tell till I post and enlarge the image.


Okay these are again digital Hero Art stamps that I brought into the same page and just adjusted the size to make it look like they are getting smaller as they fly away.
Coloured with copics, added shadows and those dots again I toned them down by going back over them with the copic colours.


Cut the panel thinner and added some green patterned paper I had, Finished it off with a gold die cut 'with love'. So thats my rainbow of butterflies.

Okay lets see if theres any challenges for these babies.

For this one I would like to enter the three butterfly card


Again my first card that has the dotty background.



My second card with the rainbow of butterflies. Brand new challenge
so if you have time please check it out.


The first card with dotty background for this challenge thank you.


The second card with the rainbow of butterflies.

I was unable to see if digital images that have been coloured in by
myself are eligible or not as some challenges don't allow digital.
Please let me know if this doesn't fit your challenge and I will remove.
I have entered the second card with the rainbow of butterflies.

Okay thanks everyone for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.



















19 comments:

Alison said...

2 gorgeous cards - both with lovely colours - but I'm very taken with the citrus colours on the first one. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Flo Langley said...

Wow! Stunning cards Aileen. Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Flo x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Whoa! You can seriously make butterflies GLOW -- these cards are fabulous!

Sarn said...

Beautiful butterflies Aileen. Absolutely wonderfully coloured.

Hope you feel much better very soon Oh Snotty One!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ruth said...

They're gorgeous! I still haven't worked out how to resize and layer digital stamps. I think I need to look up some You Tube videos and do a bit of blog searching. These are perfect. I adore the green and yellow ones, and love how your rainbow ones are in perspective. Lovely job! Xx

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely beautiful. The most gorgeous colours and beautifully coloured in. Fabulous Digi images, they looked liked you stamped them x Sorry to hear you are under the weather x

Monika Reeck said...

your butterflies cards are funtastic miss Lady
and do you know I was so surprised looking at your first card
we have the same layout...I did use the clear stamp and masked it..if you like to see this is my card

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2016/04/creative-with-stamps-challenge-1.html
I love the green and yellow color you have choosen and lovely dots gold paper behind it
your card so adorable why dont you join our first challenge at CREATIVE WITH STAMPS with butterfly theme
Link I will send you then :)
Gret post miss Lady...

Monika Reeck said...

Here is the Monthly challenge hope you would like to join us and we have prizes this month too :) who knows you are the lucky girl?

http://creativewithstampschallenge.blogspot.de/2016/04/cws-challenge-1-butterfly.html

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing butterfly cards....you are so talented! Love them both.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tammy said...

These are gorgeous!! I absolutely love your first card, the colors are beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and Thank you for joining us over Alphabet Challenge blog!
Tammy x

Cara said...

Love all the butterflies, stunning colouring. As I'm late commenting I hope your cold has got better. Cara x

Ashwini Rao said...

Very pretty! Loved the coloring - especially one the first card - and the gold is a nice touch!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!! Aileen, did I mentioned this cards are GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS??!!!
WOW!! love them, beautiful images of butterflies, I so wish I knew how to do this digi stuff, although I have some beautiful butterfly stamps in my stash.
Amazing coloring as always, fabulous layouts, thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Jan said...

Thanks so much for entering this lovely card in our Fab N Funky challenge xx Jan DT

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow these butterflies on BOTH of your designs look amazing!! You've done such a stunning job with the coloring and on the top card, I really love the dotted metallic gold paper!! So pretty! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for join us at {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
Eva Ng

Leigh Penner said...

What wonderful cards! Your coloured butterflies are beautiful!

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper