Translate

Monday 18 April 2016

First Year Anniversary, Congrats and Hello

My computer is amazing, it came up with a message on Saturday 16th telling me it was the 'One Year Anniversary' of my blog. It didn't pop up till late and I had already done my post for that day so thought I would post the next day but then life gets in the way sometimes and so now its Monday the 18th, so a wee bit late. But better late than never I say.

I want to thank all the amazing people who visit my blog and comment on my posts. Its wonderful to know I'm not talking to myself and that others are interested at looking at my cards and listening to me waffle. I cant believe I have acquired 65 followers + through the different types of linking.
I so enjoy making cards, even when they are not quite what I visualised in the end. 

I love that I have connected with people from all parts of the world and have also been able to connect with some of these people through email and mail and had friendships develop through this. I love that people get my humour and listen to my happy times and my sad times with my family. You have all made my learning of  how to set up a blog and all it entails so much easier with offers of help all along the way.

I want to mention one person in particular here. That being Darnell, what an inspiration she is. First she got me using Flickr then the time came for a blog. Her constant praise and help got me motivated and feeling more confident, that maybe others would like to see what I do. Her advice and getting back to me every time I asked a question in getting things set up and running. 
If you have never visited her blog you have to, it should be on every card makers lists of todo's as there is a lady who is kind, generous, artistic and ohh so funny.

Thank you every one of you.

Now its time for the cards for today. It's as Darnell would say a Twofer. 
Two cards, one post.


This first one is a stamp from The Ton and I love it. I stamped and embossed in white, gold and silver on watercolour paper for my fist experiments. This card I have used the silver embossed image and  a beautiful blue Zig watercolour pen.

Added a little extra colour around the lace areas. Very simple and easy to do. I coloured the hair and skin with my copics, very basic colouring as they are small in size and don't need much tone.


I love this stamp, she is so elegant and of course there is so much more potential. Wait till you see the others. Finished it off with the 'Congrats' word die cut in silver mirror cardstock and finished. Really doesn't need anything else, so pretty.

Challenges:










Next card



This card was inspired by different cards I have seen on Pinterest and just wanted to try this idea of using my much to make squares then used the corner punch to make the curves on opposite sides.
I have a die that I originally purchased to use with this idea but found I was unable to get the two different sizes that close together in size and small enough to make a design for a card. After spending the money on the dies I then found that the square punch I already had worked size wise and then I just measured and cut the next size up manually and ended up pretty straight and didn't have to recut too many.


The top panel I made using a Hero Art Background stamp that I stamped with different coloured Versa inks then clear embossed on copic friendly cardstock then I used my copics to blend the colours of green yellow and orange. I did this panel quite a while ago and it was before I knew that you shouldn't use copics on embossed images but for all the colouring my copics have survived and continue to work thank goodness. (Thats what happens when we don't know enough about the products we are using (we meaning me, I love new things but ohh so often forget to do enough research on them). I also added a bit of sparkle to the page but you can only really see that in the photo as speckle on the coloured squares.

Decided it looked good sitting on a olive green cardstock and finished off with one enamel dot and a small white 'hello' layered a couple of times.

Challenges






Thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






18 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Love your project! It is nicely organized and the colors are nicely integrated! I don't do a lot of research on products and I've yet to break anything or to mess up something that could not be replaced for a few dollars. Half the fun of crafting is finding new and different ways to use things (for me, anyway.) Thanks for sharing this project with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana. Owner

Ashwini Rao said...

Congrats on your blog-iversary!! Wonderful cards this time too, Aileen!

Angie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.
Angie DT

Lindsey said...

Lovely bold image - as you say needs v little extra embellishment. And do like your "tiled" effect second card too. Great! Lindsey x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Bloganniversary.
Your cards are fabulous. I particularly like the ton image - she is stunning!

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Well done on your anniversary - i am your newest follower. :)

Both your cards are wonderful - the colours in the second card are stunning.

crafty hugs Pen x

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on your one year blog..Such lovely comments and very much enjoyed reading your blog today x Fabulous cards, love that you tried different embossing powders on the first wonderful card and loving all the colours and shapes on the second one x

Ruth said...

Yay on turning one! It's a pivotal step in blogland and I hope it means you are here to stay! I am so privileged to have connected with you on here and love hearing from you. I adore both of your cards, but I love the geometric one, that is really quirky. It's fabulous! Stay blogging and crafting, my friend! Xx And a big up for Darnell too, she is amazing! Xx

Cara said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary! I agree Darnell is fabulous, as are your cards. Stunning. Cara x

Sazzle Dazzle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sazzle Dazzle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Congratulations on your blogversary Aileen and what a stunning duo of cards to celebrate. I'm swooning over that elegant ballgown-ed lady. What a fantastic image and gorgeous colouring. Loving all the shapes and patterns on the second one too. Thanks for playing along at Uniko this week.
Sarah

Janis Lewis said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.
DT Janis
Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs
PDE Linky Party, Always Anything Goes Linky Party

TaeEun said...

Congratulations on your first blog anniversary, Aileen! The dress on the first card in turquoise looks beautiful! And the graphic look and retro color combo on the second one is awesome! Great idea to make that shape with corner punch! As a newbie in Copic coloring I didn't know that I should not use Copics on embossed images! Good to know!

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! That dress is just stunning. Love the shimmer of the silver embossing and the bold watercolouring. Fabulous work. Thanks so much for playing along with our metallic challenge at Uniko this month, Deborah, DT.

PS Love the graphic look on the second card too. And congrats on your anniversary xx

maria f. said...

Happy bloggiversary - you're a great addition to card makers' blogland! I love that gown in turquoise. What an eye catcher.

Beverley said...

Happy blogiversary! Two stunning cards, love the metallic shimmer and colour compliment choice of your first card. The colours, pattern and design of your second is so fun and vibrant. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x