Translate

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Happy Birthday Butterfly

I have two cards to share today.



Very easy card here. Came together in a matter of minutes. Had already made the background you can see there on the inside of the card.

Beautiful stencil called Mini Peacock Pattern 6 x 6 (The Crafters Workshop). I did the blending using of course Distress Inks yellow and orange and used those little blending caps that fit on your finger (sorry cant think of the name of them). After I finished blending I sprayed with Shimmer Pearl spray.
I did this ages ago and it has just sat there waiting for inspiration and it came today.

I used my favourite Hero Art butterfly stamped and white embossed on watercolour paper. Then added water and zigs to colour till I was happy. The body is from a Die cut butterfly from Memory Box as it was available and there. coloured it grey with some copics.The butterfly is cut by hand, very easy one to cut out.


Decided to make half the card white cardstock and the other half of the front acetate so that the pattern inside showed through. Added the butterfly to the bottom edge, a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment die from Paper Smooches. Couldn't find that little dot for the 'i' so used a mini silver dot.


Very happy with the end result here.







My next card


I absolutely love how this one turned out. It truly doesn't show up in the photos how pretty and delicate it looks so you will have to believe me. This is the same background stamp I used for the watercolour resist but this time I stamped and embossed in white.

I then did a wash of Spun Sugar Distress Ink over the whole panel. And sat thinking what now. I got all my pink tones of Distress Ink out and just started painting on here and there, basically grabbing a bit of colour and then adding water and following the shape. It looks like a piece of material with this intricate delicate lace over the top. I tried not to overthink it and just went with what I felt.


To finish it off I die cut the 'Be you tiful' sentiment out of the watercolour panel and again in silver mirror cardstock (used a scrap of cardstock so will go to the playground and play I think) and inlaid the silver version. I added then removed gems and sequins. It was just too pretty to need anything else.

I saw a challenge that is on here in Australia and their inspiration board is what got me going


The softest of pinks, lace, white, delicate.


Then there is the playground which I love to visit when I can.




Thought I would share a happy shot.


Elysha, her twin Aaron and my grandson Keegan who is
only 14 but already up there with Aaron. Went to Canberra for the day 
to watch the football. Aaron & Elysha team against Keegans team meant someone
had to be a winner and someone a looser. Lucky Keegan doesn't take
the sport to heart like Aaron.

Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




















29 comments:

Cathy said...

Striking cards Aileen, love the stencilling you did with daubers, so pretty and the 2nd one does like like a piece of delicate fabric, gorgeous colours. Great pic of your family too, my crew support the Raiders and weren't too happy with their loss lol! Cathy x

Unknown said...

Very gorgeous cards ! I love the bright color and the layout of the butterfly one ! Thanks for sharing

maria f. said...

Two beauties - love the construction on the first and those hues on the second. Hope Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods.

Cara said...

Well, I saw your first card and was wowed by it. Then I saw your second card and I fainted at its gorgeousness. Just stunning. Cara x

lostinpaper said...

These cards are both fabulous, love the bright cheery oranges and the acetate on the first one but it's the second delicate background that I just can't stop looking at, the colours you chose are incredible! (I have one of those, he's my nephew and was over 6' at 12 yrs... I don't know what they are feeding him lol)

Mac Mable said...

Loving the blending, the colours and the bling from the spray on your first card. Such a beautiful second card, love the white embossing and the pretty colours of the blending too. Thank you for sharing the 'kids' photo and the story x

Sarn said...

Loving BOTH cards Aileen. But that first one is a total stunner - I think I just love the yellow/orange warmth of it - and the gold sentiment. Good idea with acetate too!

Great family shot too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Fabulous cards Aileen - and I also love the acetate idea - clever girlie!

Lovely to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

These are both beautiful creations!! I love the happy colors on your top design with the butterfly and your second card looks so pretty with that background along with your die cut shiny wording! :)

Ruth said...

Two absolutely stunning cards. I love the brights of the peacock panel one and the intricate lace and glorious pinks of the other. Love the picture of your two and grandson - that boy is tall!!!! Xx

Cindy C. said...

Wow both cards so gorgeous! Love the intense colours on the first one! Thanks so much for playing with us at a2z!

Catherine said...

Your cards are beautiful and I love the bright and vibrant yellows and oranges on the first card and the soft sweet pinks on the second card. They are both so lovely. Thanks for entering them in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards Aileen. Love the sparkly finish on your bright and cheerful stenciled card. The butterfly done with white embossing is so pretty!! And that lace card ... WOW! That is one gorgeous image, and I love it with the soft pink wash. xx

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful cards...just love them but your photo is just as sweet, always love that you share them with us.

Arlene said...

What beauties. Original and creative.

So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

Greta said...

Cute picture of the kids, Aileen! Your first card is a stunner--just love it! Now I "need" that Happy Birthday die!

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Two fabulous cards and I love reading your process of inspiration. I definitely love that pink with the delicate lace and all the different tones! So pleased you could join us at Scrapbook Boutique.
Louise xo

brenda said...

Lovely stamping and inking Aileeen, many thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my these are two beautiful cards Aileen the colours you have chosen are fantastic
hugs
lorraine x

Julie said...

Love the colours on the lacey card. Eyecatching!

Macimbalo said...

Really beautiful cards! Thanks for joining in the fun at a2z!

Linda said...

Beautiful Aileen - both cards so different but I love the way you've achieved the delicate lacey look on the pink card for this month's Scrapbook Boutique Challenge.

Whisper said...

Aaaah lovely and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x

Mandy LaCroix said...

Such LOVELY cards! Bravo!
Thanks for sharing it over at the Addicted To Stamps Challenge!

Chark said...

these are gorgeous! love your inking/coloring on the HA card! glad you entered at a2z!

creative lady said...

Beautiful cards, love the watercolor! Thanks for sharing with a2z Scrapbooking.

Monica Maier said...

Beautiful cards! I love the butterfly and and acetate on the first card. Thanks for joining us at a2z!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at a2z this month

Angela said...

Fabulous techniques!!!! I love love love them and the second card looks so intricate like actual material! You shaded perfectly!! Thank you for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique xx