Translate

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Be youtiful dainty pink flowers


I saw the Fusion Card Challenge

and no way I could resist entering.  I love the picture and the colours. I know its my second post, sorry but I only just made it. Anyway......

I love the stamp I used for the flower and its so funny cause its a stamp I have had forever and a day, in a set of itty bitty flowers and vases and of course not been used. I have so so many flower stamps I reckon I could do one every day and still not use them all in a year (well maybe half a year but pretty close) and this is one I never even thought of and its so so pretty.


I didnt use the vases available in the stamps, I used some vases I have in dies and ended up adding to the size of the stamp to make it look bigger. I die cut the two vases first, one inside the other so it looks like one is slightly behind and as I'm typing this I am seeing I have a vase that is floating in the air. This is a very special vase that is actually held on the wall with a special invisible shelf so it looks like that ( yeah , you really believe that one don't you :)

Back to serious stuff, I stamped in pale pink distress ink and coloured with copics so it looks like no line drawing. I actually did each little flower head in three colours in the copics and feel the darkest colour right in the centre of each petal shows better IRL than in the photo.

I then coloured the vases adding different shades to give a bit of shape to them then glued them back into the negative.

I was quite happy with the end result and finished off with the die cut 'Beyoutiful'. This is the only part that I am not sure of and would love to know what you REALLY think. Is this word right for this card or more one you would use with a person/animal in reference to them??? I felt the black worked just not so sure on the word.

Anyway another card I am very happy with and would like to do again.







EDIT:
Sorry for the repost but I wanted to add this card to 


I've been invited to go and play at the playground and hey I have used some snippets for this card, as in the front of the card, that I cut the vases from is a separate panel, and the black snippet for the sentiment so I'm in like Flynn, as they use to say.



Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.







24 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

this is beautiful!! perfect take on the inspo photo!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, anti gravity vases are all the rage right now, you're so on trend! I like the sentiment, I think it works great with the flowers. Cara x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the photo!

BożenA said...

beautiful card based on the photo for inspiration. very realistic picture. Your card is brilliant.
hugs,
BozenA

maria f. said...

Beautiful coloring!

Darnell said...

This is a marvelous take on the Fusion Challenge, Aileen! And I love that you own a special levitating vase!! Adds more movement!! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

I think I've had a few of those special invisible shelves on my cards too, must be a papercrafty thing lol. Your card is so pretty Aileen, love your colour choices and those flowers are so sweet!

Sarn said...

Lovely card Aileen. Personally, I think the black looks fine with the contrast of the flowers and vases. Good to see you in the Playground. Remember to come and see me for a glass of Hooch in my temporary home inside the Maintenance Shed . . . just behind the bike sheds!

Thanks for visiting me.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

How lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground Aileen! And with such a fabulous card - your work is just stunning you know. I think the sentiment works perfectly - the black is a nice sharp contrast to the sofe image and I like the play on the word beautiful! Anything can be termed beautiful - and your card sure is!

I see Sarn is trying to entice you to join in with her mischief in the Playground - told you it's a bit of a weird place to come and play :)

Hugs

Di xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! Fabulous inspired card -- your flowers and vases are colored wonderfully!

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely amazing and gorgeous design!! Love the images and clean design on this! :)

TaeEun said...

This is so beautifully CAS, Aileen! I think the bold black sentiment makes this card more striking with the contrast! I like it!

Mac Mable said...

The sentiment works so well and is so striking, the black colour and the words. When I saw your photo I knew it was for the fusion challenge as your card is absolutely perfect. Great colouring of the flowers and the die cut vases..love the floating one, genius!

ChristineCreations said...

Love the beautiful simple elegance here Aileen! Love the shading on the vases!

Greta said...

Those flowers are really neat, Aileen--good you finally used them! Lovely card--the vases are perfect!

ElizStewart said...

Soooooo love your card...just jumped off the page to me!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

oh Aileen your post had me chuckling ..

... but yes I do believe in vases that are suspended mid air .. they look really dramatic and effective :D just like you card, very clever work!
...as it is the card below thank you for popping over.
Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Swoon! Looks like a winner to me!

Marybeth said...

I love the color you stamped the blooms,wow they are gorgeous and great take on the photo! The vases look beautiful with the shading!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! And such a fabulous take on the inspiration pic.

Claire said...

Those flowers are divine - so pretty and you've really captured the light on the vases in the picture!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh Aileen, I just found this new challenge through you, how fun is that?! I love this gorgeous vases, they look like glass, such amazing shading and those flowers look so beautiful too, outstanding card, thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Mariken said...

What a lovely card you've made! Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!!
Mariken