Translate

Monday 8 February 2016

Born to be Pampered


Isn't she a cutie. This is another of Mo's digital images. Very easy to colour in. Love the look, right down to the toe separators for the nail polish.


After colouring her with copics I cut her out with the rectangle stitched die and then layered on a piece of pretty green patterned paper.
The sentiment comes with her.

first off lets connect this to:


For some reason I have two logos in my downloads and I think ones for last year so I better go check my previous post and fix if I put the wrong one there.

Would also like to link this toooooo:




Just wanted to share. As most who visit my blog know my parents are both going down the dementia/Alzheimer's path and every now and then I share a moment. 
I needed to get dad a new diary, a pocket diary. Of course it needed to be a very particular diary and mum was saying they had been everywhere and couldn't find one and no other would do. Dad takes out the diary at least every half hour to see where he is going, check the date etc and he is desperate because this is of course the second month and they hadn't found one.

They only told me just before I was going on holidays, so I said I will chase up and see if I can find one. Lucky for me I wrote the name of the company down and their contact details.
I got back to Sydney from mum and dads and first on my list was the diary, rang the company that produces them. It turned out that the fella who places the orders for the Newsagents etc had a heart attack (but is recovering thank goodness) last year toward the end of the year, so no one had thought to place the order. They hadn't produced any pocket diaries for the Newsagents, bookshops etc. She was so sweet trying to think of an alternative but alternatives don't work, not now.
So I rang dad to tell him 'sorry nothing yet, I will have to keep looking'. Hang up and the phone rings, it's the lady from the company, her grandad has dementia and she knows what its like. Tells me the contact details of a client of theirs (and this is something she would not do without checking with him first of course) who ordered the same design just different colour cover and said to talk to him.
Rang him and yes he has a dad going through dementia so knows the drill and was more than happy to send one for dad to use. 
It came in the mail and was waiting for me when I got home. Cant wait to see dads face on Wednesday with his new diary (he is currently writing over old entries in the old diary).

This horrible disease that is affecting so much of our ageing population is also doing something wonderful, its uniting others in their desire to help each other in like situations and its so wonderful to see. My thank you cards to both these people cannot express the gratitude I feel at their going out of their way to help a total stranger make her dad happy and content.

Thanks for sticking around to read this post. 




9 comments:

Hannelie said...

Such a cutie yes indeed and you colored her so beautifully Aileen!
Thanks for sharing your moment. So good to know people care!

lostinpaper said...

Glad that you were able to get the diary, it would have been causing him stress, it's nice to know that there are still people who will go out of their way to help, the world is good! ps love your sweet card!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! Your colouring is fabulous as always.
So glad you could get a diary. Maybe the world hasn't totally gone crazy yet! It is truly amazing to hear so many people could relate or are going through a similar situation.

Kathy said...

Oh my I am in love with your card. Sooo precious!! Thanks for sharing at The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is absolutely a darling card what a sweet image I love this so much Aileen.
hugs
lorraine x

Loll said...

Adorable card Aileen. This sweet little girl is so cute ... who wouldn't want to be pampered like that.

And what a great story you shared about the kindness of others wanting to help make your dad happy. xx

Colours n Cards said...

What a super cute card. Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Intruderlady said...

Adorable card. Such a sweet image. Great colors.
Thanks for joining our Challenge at Lacy Sunshine. Good luck!
Kitty DT

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Darling card, adorable image. Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

Sue - 2 Creative Chicks Dt
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/