Translate

Wednesday 17 February 2016

LOVE using Brusho


Well I finally bought myself some Brusho, purchased the basic set with six colours: Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple. They come in little bottles, that you can squeeze and the powder puffs out. Well what an interesting day. I had two pieces of card stock going, one with red,yellow and orange going on it and the other with blue and purple.

Really you should just do one and then clean up (or maybe I should say set up first:
Clear away all other pieces of cardstock, half finished cards, coloured images off the table you are working on. No I didnt so there was a bit that had to be thrown out and others that I am just ignoring the spots of odd colour on.
Lay down something to catch random puffs of colour, wipes etc so you don't have to clean the whole table and all items on it. I think a piece of plastic maybe to cover and protect all and it can be removed and cleaned down away from everything else.
When you finish one project don't leave it to the side of where your working, move it right away.
Remember to wipe the table down with wet ones in case of random spray.
Clean boards you used to tape your watercolour paper to as there is bound to be colour hiding underneath, on the handle, in the crevices .

This is all the advice I should have followed but I am always so eager to get going I make three times the work for myself. Heavy handed I am too. So I am showing you one of my backgrounds that I made. This is my heavy handed red, yellow and orange background. Though the yellow barely shows up. I need lots of practice.

Of course after I made the background. I sprayed with Perfect Pearls so there is a lovely sheen.

One thing I did right was I taped the piece of watercolour paper down to a breadboard so it was held in place. I puffed then then I sprayed with water, needed lots as I had been too heavy handed and there were some really dark smudged sections. What did I learn:
  1. Watercolour paper is really fantastic to use especially when taped down on all four sides.
  2. Watercolour paper can take unbelievable amounts of water when you are trying to lighten.
  3. Have lots of paper towel handy to wipe up excess.
  4. Pick up the board and move it around so your colours mix and move and make patterns.
  5. You can always wait for it to dry then add more puffs of colour and water.
  6. Less is better.

I die cut the watercolour paper with the stitched rectangle die, I also used the same rectangle die to cut the gold dotted layer so I could lay the watercolour piece inside it.
I have coloured a number of flowers with copics, cut them out and glued in the two corners.
The flowers are digital design.

I would like to enter this in :



Using Brusho's was the technique.


Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








7 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow! I love it! What amazing colours. Had to laugh though at your sheer excitement at trying it out and getting in a mess. That's the way I like to craft - try it out, think later. It's all about the fun of something new!!!! Xx

Laine said...

This looks stunning. So colourful!
Laine
xx

Peanut said...

Oh-my-word!!! What a stunning card, Aileen. That brusho background is quite simply mind-blowing! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
x Asha

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so beautiful! I haven't tried Brusho's yet but I love the affect you achieved here, hope to try them soon!

TaeEun said...

The fiery background is impressive! It was worth the mess I think:) The pretty bold sentiment and the flower arrangement give the card a romantic feeling!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what an amazing background effect you have created Aileen it is brill, I love those little flowers it reminds me of tropical fruit juice
hugs
lorraine x

Anonymous said...

What a great bright background :)