Translate

Monday 22 February 2016

Happy Birthday , No Lines Colouring.


I have been trying to get to this card for the last week after seeing Tracey McNeelys' beautiful inspiration card on Muse Challenge #153


I love clusters of flowers and clusters of three and the colours she has used.

I kept getting busy with other things and had to keep putting the card off and the biggest problem for me is I have so many flower stamps its like 'which one will I use' and the funny thing is I have gone for one of my oldest sets and pretty near one of the first sets I bought. I love this flower.


This is the first time I have done no-line colouring for this stamp and I started out thinking I have bitten off more than I can chew here. I stamped each flower in the Distress Ink colour for the colour of the flower I wanted to do. Then when I added the first coat of copic to the front flower the petals all blended together and I struggled to work out individual petals and shadows.

But I got it done.  And Ruth don't have a heart attack started an hour and a half ago and still have 2 hrs 10 minutes to spare before the challenge closes. Mind you no one will have seen it but hey I did it.

After all my colouring I added a bit of pencil to the copics to help define some areas. Added a few clear sparkly gems and stamped Happy Birthday. All one layer - wahoooo

Now time to add this to:




I've just gone with no topping in this instance.

Okay thanks for coming to visit and hope to see you again soon.








22 comments:

Hannelie said...

Amazing coloring Aileen!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! Stunning Aileen! Fantastic colouring! Have a great week! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Anonymous said...

Aileen this is incredible! Beautiful stamp and beautiful colouring. I haven't been brave enough to try no line colouring yet, you have just inspired me. Cx

Ardyth said...

These are gorgeous - love the depth of shading! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card! :o)

*Vicki* said...

Your flowers look really amazing!! Such beautiful colors and wonderful job on the no-line coloring!!

Bobby said...

It may have taken a while but it was worth it. Your flowers are gorgeous.

Linda said...

Wow, this is gorgeous and can't believe this is the first time you tried this technique for this stamp.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, I miss this post but I saw it at the voting gallery, your card is gorgeous, you got my vote, my friend.
Amazing coloring!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. Great job.

TaeEun said...

Your no-line coloring skill is amazing, Aileen! Love the beautiful shading on your flowers!!!

Gabby said...

Saw your card in the MUSE challenge gallery. Lovely flowers! Great coloring and card. I tried to vote for you but for some reason I was only allowed two votes and then I got a window that said "cannot vote." That never happened b4. Know that you would have positively had my vote if it had worked! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Aileen your no line colouring is sensational--wow. Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Jenni's Jems said...

All I can say is ....WOW!x

Jenni's Jems said...

All I can say is ....WOW!x

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful and bright floral card!

yes, twinkling H2Os need to be primed first to showcase them at their best - anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes; i'm impatient so i wait 5; then stir to mix mica and pigment. the longer you wait, the thicker the consistency and more intense the colour. i removed all the lids from mine and store them in a clear plastic container with a lid. there are a couple of videos at the company's website: colourarte.com. have fun playing!

Barb Ghig said...

I apologize...I thought I had left you some love for this GORGEOUS card! Beautiful coloring, and really great job on creating all the shadows on these blooms! Congrats on being 'Featured' at Muse...you are so deserving!

coldwaters2 said...

I have to say WOW this is another stunning card Aileen those flowers are awesome the colours and shading is exquisite
hugs
lorraine x

Ashwini Rao said...

Ohh...love the shading!! Really beautiful!!

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful no-line colouring! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Darnell said...

Your talent knows no bounds, Aileen! This is stunningly gorgeous! Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition from MUSE!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Peanut said...

Super sweet card, Aileen.
x Asha