Translate

Friday 12 February 2016

With Love Wedding Card

I know I said I wasn't going to post again today but I saw the 'Less is More Challenge' which is white on white and you could use Metallic for accents, a card jumped into my head and I just to do it. Now that I have finished, I have to decide ,this one or the card with the tag that I posted the other day, for tomorrows wedding, decisions decisions.


Every step just came together perfectly (nah I got glue all over when the sentiment stuck to my finger when I lifted it away from the card, but it cleaned off okay :)

Okay white card base with piece of dotted acetate attached over the top. I always cut it a bit longer than the card front, add a fold with my bone folder so it folds over the top and can be attached at the back with some double sided tape and nothing shows at the front.

Then I die cut the butterfly from Memory Box, the top layer out of white glitter paper and the bottom layer out of vellum and the body from the glitter paper. Attached them all together and put a bit of dimensional tape under the wings for a bit of lift.

I then used the die cut at the bottom of the card which is a circle with lines coming off it. In this glitter paper it was too flimsy without the negative pieces so I kept them. I ended up putting a piece of double sided tape direct onto the acetate and laid the pieces over the top to attach them. This worked well. These are NBUS and come in circle, square and heart so I need to get them out more along with the other 10,000 items I need to use more.


Finished this card off with a die cut sentiment 'With love' - getting plenty of use out of this one. This time I cut it from gold mirror cardstock. All finished. Doesn't that butterfly sparkle, if I knew how, I would add some sparkle bursts to the photo in photoshop just to make you realise how pretty it is IRL.

Thanks for your patience on this third post today, which had to be done now or I would have missed it..
Would like to post this to:

A new challenge for me

Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
Inspiration is 'Love' word and where flowers grow, butterflies go.

Im hoping I have interpreted this properly, if not then please remove my link. Thank you.

Thanks for coming to visit and please come again soon.







15 comments:

Ruth said...

I love white on white and I've never even tried it! I love that acetate with the spots in. It's perfect for a wedding card - butterflies always a great addition! Xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I find white on white really difficult! You mastered it! Wonderful card, Aileen!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Loving those polka dots and a totally beautiful card.
Great to see you play along in the birthday challenge at Less is More Aileen and thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog. You're certainly a star crafter and commentor! Sarah x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty!! The touch of gold looks amazing

Chrissie said...

This is such a pretty card.... love the gold accents!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

That dotty acetate is gorgeous, works really well with the gold and sparkle.
Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

coldwaters2 said...

Aileen this is quite simply lush, classy and elegant the gold sets it off perfectly. Aileen the Julie Nutting Stamps are quite big at about 7" but they also do stamp sets with smaller doll stamps and accessories, I have some of both.
hugs
lorraine x

Anne said...

That dotty acetate is perfect for your card, really stylish and striking!
Thanks so much for joining our 5th birthday celebration challenge!
Anne
"Less is More"

Barb Ghig said...

Such an elegant design...WOW! Love your butterfly with the lovely font on your sentiment! Stunning card, Aileen!

Ashwini Rao said...

Very pretty card! Love the white-on-white look!

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous and elegant wedding card. I love the butterfly and also the dotted vellum. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out this week.

Sue said...

Stunning card, Aileen! So very elegant. Sorry for the lateness of comment x

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a wonderful love card you've created! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you again for our next challenge!
Jennifer, DT

Gerrina said...

The little shining accents make this card even more beautiful! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and joining us!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous...just love the elegance!