Translate

Friday 26 February 2016

Sending a little sunshine your way.


This is another of Stamping Bella's stamps. I love every one of them but restrict myself to a collection  that doesn't include all (only cause our dollar is so low really). I wanted to colour her in softly which is something I struggle with.

This time I have done pretty well I think keeping the colours soft. She looks so wistful just sitting there and though she comes with a funny sentiment she would work just as well with 'Miss You' 'Thinking about you' ' Wish you were here' and of course my sentiment that I put together. Its from a set from Simon Says with words and die but I used a smaller die to get them to fit.

I was going to use the funny sentiment that comes with this stamp but of course I die cut the coloured image first and low and behold it was too small for the sentiment so I had to rethink.
Used a stitched rectangle die (new), then added the stamped part of the sentiment by using the mist for nice clear even stamp.
Die cut the sentiment four times and layered them up. Stuck a pretty yellow gem on for the dot on the 'i' as the original dot was so small I could barely see it. added some fun from to the back of the die cut image to lift it slightly off the card base. Used a piece of patterned paper behind the coloured image.

Happy with this and don't feel it needs anything else.

Add to:






Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.







9 comments:

Darlene said...

Yes Aileen ... you've colored her beautifully and the design showcases her perfectly as well! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINK SPRING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous.
Our dollar has put a crimp on my spending too!

Loll said...

Really sweet card Aileen. Your colouring is AWESOME, and I love the sentiment that you used. xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, she is just so sweet, love the beautiful pattern paper and the word "Sunshine" looks fabulous like that, I need to do that with some of my sentiment dies.
I too, love all of the Stamping Bella images, it's hard for me to go there because I'm always leave with at least one stamp, LOL!!
Thank you for sharing.
XO
Maria.

Karren said...

This is adorable! Your colouring is fabulous and I love the colours you've used.

Ruth said...

This is so beautifully done - your folds are gorgeously done. Looks lovely - I've only one Stamping Bella image, but I keep seeing them here and I think I need more! Lol!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really cute card, and darling scene, Aileen! Adorable card!

Diane said...

Adorable and sweet card, colored beautifully! Thank you for joining us at The Sisterhood for our 'Think Spring' challenge!
Diane TSH DT

Patti said...

OMGosh! this is adorable!! sure brought sunshine into my heart today! : )

Patti