Translate

Tuesday 26 January 2016

'With Love' and 'Make a Wish'


First I thought I would start with a picture of Australia Day that my daughter sent to me on Facebook.


Two for one on this post then another to follow. I have done two cards for the Timeout Challenge so need to post separately as I cant link both if they are together.


This card couldn't be any easier. The pattern I have stamped is as you see it minus the two lower circles. Those I add after stamping the main stamp. I have used one of those multicolour stamp pads that goes from orange to pink to purple. When you use the ink pad you push a lever that moves the pads close together and when finished you separate them again. If you forget to separate them and leave for a while you end up with a muddy yucky stamp pad, yes I admit it I did that ,and need to replace one of them.

I have had these ink pads the longest of any I have and they still work fantastic and have not been reinked (don't know if you can actually) and they do stay a bit wet so can be embossed and you need to wait for it to dry a minute or two.


Back to the card. After stamping the ink pattern I added a die cut Make a Wish in Silver and that was without measuring in the first place. Talk about lucky it actually just fit perfectly.


Finished off with some gems in the colours of the stamped circles. These are wonderful gems as they are coloured glass but smooth not like the usual gems. (No longer available sorry). I know CAS is meant to be without layers like gems but really sometimes they just have to be there. This card was designed with Seize the Birthday challenge (CAS).







Okay now this card is with lots of blending of ink on the card base and next layer and copics colouring. This is the first one I wish to enter at Timeout Challenge where we were shown this card done by Marika

and we are to CASE with our own twist. I have certainly done my own twist, I did start planning to be very very similar but I am much more heavy handed with both my blending and copic colouring so  my card looks quite different. 
I have used the same idea of colouring with Copics then grey colour pencil. A wee bit of green. A separate layer for the flower part and added blended ink then the card layer that is slightly wider than the top layer and also did some blending on this layer.


I am happy with the flowers I used (they are Dee's design) but the grey is very heavy and I will continue to practice this once I get more greys in the Copics.


I attached the top layer to some fun foam first to slightly lift off the base card.
I finished it off with a gold foil card 'With love' sentiment and some sequins. These are cleverly placed to cover the dropped grey copic splat made just as I finished the card off.

Alright now to enter my cards in some challenges.



(Just scrapped in on that one Ruth!!)

Glad to say I have used my sequins on my With Love card.


Thank you for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.
















13 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the brightness of your make a wish card, but the one that really gets me is your CASE of Marika's. I knew it was for that before I even read any further. It is gorgeous. I love your blending, but the pencils on Copics is beautifully done. Xx

*Vicki* said...

Really love your colorful design and the floral CAS is so pretty! ;)

sandie said...

I think the grey is not too heavy but perfect. I really like the idea of having the strip on the side with the popped up card. This is the first card I have seen in our gallery with this twist, really creative idea. Thanks for joining TO

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my these are so beautiful Aileen, those circles look really amazing with the blend of colours, those flowers on the second card are stunning
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards! I love your colouring on the flowers.

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! Your CASE of Marika's is beyond FABULOUS!!!! GF you ROCKED IT TOTALLY!

TaeEun said...

The coloring on your CASE card of Marika is just beautiful, Aileen! The grey is not too heavy, it looks flawless! And the CAS birthday card is also very pretty! I think those Gems were perfect touch!

Ashwini Rao said...

Fabulous cards, Aileen! I must say the coloring in the second card is just awesome!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Pretty design and colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Gerrina said...

Wow, love the colouring and sponging! You made a beautiful case-card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Lori said...

All of these cards are just fantastic! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Use Your Stuff!

Barb Ghig said...

Two really stunning cards, Aileen! I love the color combo and fun design on the first one, and your bloom is just amazing! I'm a big fan of gray, so I like it a little darker, as you did on this one! Awesome take on Marika's card!

Joyce said...

Your colored flower is simply stunning. I love the look you were able to achieve. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.