Translate

Sunday 10 January 2016

Magical and a Frozen Dress


I was about to go to bed and had an idea so went with it. Another of these challenges that is about to end and I had been tiding and sorting my dies. I have a three window die that I hate to say I have had for some time and this is the first card using it.

I cut out the three windows then coloured a piece of white card stock with Mermaid Distress Ink, darker at the bottom and fading out at the top. Attached to the back of the window.

Die cut some snowflakes from a fine glitter paper and attached. Kept some of the dots from the glitter cut snowflakes and added here and there along with the shimmery sequins.


Finished off with a new die 'Magical' that I die cut in blue then coloured with my shimmer Gel pen that is also blue. Lost the dot, drew a dot, it doesn't work at all but as its time to get this posted or miss the challenge it will have to do till tomorrow and I can die cut another and replace.

The card looks prettier IRL than in the photo. Looks a bit flat here, ahh well I think sometimes our ideas are prettier than reality. Edit: I think I picked up the problem, the blending isn't showing up as heavy getting lighter in the photo as well as it does here. There isn't enough contrast.

I would like to add to:






New snowflake die and three window die is new in use.

To finish off here is a photo of my granddaughter in her new 'Frozen dress' that her mum (my daughter-in-law) made for her. She looks so pretty and I am so proud of Mel as she has only been sewing for a couple of months now and this is her first dress.




Okay thats for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a pretty and spectacular snowy design my friend! :) Love the layout and sparkly snowflakes!! Such adorable photos of your granddaughter in her Frozen dress!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Marybeth said...

Your card is magical ,funny you had the idea right before bed! Oh your granddaughter is adorable and so is the darling frozen dress your DIL made! Well done! I used to sew for my girls and a bit for grandkids!

Loll said...

LOVE the colours with this Aileen. The blue is so clear and icy looking ... perfect sky for snowflakes. Great design with the window apertures.

Your granddaughter is ADORABLE! She is just the sweetest. You DIL did a wonderful job on making her dress. xx

coldwaters2 said...

I really like your card Aileen he coloured squares look fabulous a super CAS style card, your Granddaughter looks beautiful is that awesome dress
hugs
lorraine x

Ruth said...

I love your card - the colours especially, and the windows are such a nice touch. Kudos to your daughter in law on her sewing - I never got very far and my new sewing machine is languishing in a cupboard feeling sad!! One day I may get it out again :) xx

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE your card...it is truly magical! And that dress is amazing, she looks so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the sparkle.
Your granddaughter is so cute. Your DIL (Mel?) has done an amazing job of the dress for a beginner.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I love how you used the tri-square dies, Aileen! I think you chose the best sentiment for those stunning, sparkly snowflakes, too! Another beautiful card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

adorable little GD....so cute.
Love your card too...I'm addicted to snowflakes this year.

Deepti said...

This is indeed magical, love the sparkling snowflake and ur grand daughter is so cute !!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, your grand-daughter is a cutie!
Wonderful card & take on the inspiration photo!

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card and what a cutie your granddaughter is !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card, and super cute granddaughter ;)
thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!