Translate

Monday 18 January 2016

You Are My Sunshine


This is my second post for today, no more I promise. Really easy card that I had an idea for so decided to go with the flow. Card base masked off at the top fold then I blended my Tim Holtz Distress inks, Lemonade, Mustard and Fossil. Kept it very light at the bottom. once I was happy with the blending, I added an acetate top that already has all the white dots on it - easy peasy.


I then added the die cut sentiment 'Sunshine' in silver glossy card stock . Once it was dry and secure on the acetate I stamped 'you are my' in Stazon black ink. Boy that stuff has a strange odour!!! The stamping looks very light but is actually quite clear IRL.


I secured the acetate by folding at the top with a bone folder and then taping onto the back of the card. Its just a small overhang. A perfect card for another hot as Summers day,.

This is a really pretty and easy card and a great way to practice your blending if you don't feel you are getting it right. The acetate I bought came in a number of different colours and dots as well as stripes so could make a nice set.

Okay time to get this into a challenge or two:

definitely ombre  

This was left open to our interpretation so I see that as whatever we would like to 
add that is Clean and Simple. This card is my interpretation of OPEN.

Thats it for now so thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




15 comments:

Claire said...

What a great idea! I hadn't realised you'd used acetate over the top - it looks like some really fancy technique!

Ruth said...

Just thinking the same as Claire - looks really complicated but in fact is quite easy - my kind of technique!! Xx

Gayatri said...

WOW! Love the yellow ombre on the background. The polka dot acetate overlay mellows the colour down and makes the sentiment pop! Perfect sentiment! Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Ombre Challenge!
Gayatri xxx

Linda said...

Gorgeous ink blending Aileen and that golden die cut looks fabulous.

Tracy Freeman said...

I love it, the blending looks amazing and that acetate makes it pop ! x

Ardyth said...

This is warm and sunny and made me smile immediately! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! What a fun design and love that look of the acetate on this!! ;)

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Aileen this looks awesome, great blending of the colours also love the acetate and wording, brilliant card I love it, thank you for bringing some sunshine into my day
hugs
lorraine x

Sherrie M. said...

What a bright and happy card! Love the addition of the dotted acetate. Easy way to add interest. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Loll said...

Another great design Aileen. You are on a roll today! Love the acetate topper over your perfectly blended background. Such a fun and cheery card. xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Definitely an awesome card, Aileen! The bright yellow blend sure is perfect for the sunshine sentiment! The design of the card is too!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your wonderful card Aileen...that bright yellow is amazing.

gail said...

Lovely bright and cherry card. Great idea to use the acetate xx

lostinpaper said...

So wonderfully bright and cheerful, bring on the posts I say!

Linby said...

I've just been looking through you blog and you certainly love colour and know how to use it too. Just become your latest follower.
Linby x