Translate

Friday 22 January 2016

Love you and stencilled heart


Quick second post. Decided to wait till the last minute and enter The Paper Players Challenge. Well actually I forgot, was getting ready to hit the sack and thought ohhhh I wanted to enter. So here is a quick card.

I love this stencil - pretty sure its a Simon Says one and I have used and reused it. It looks wonderful with blending which is what I did this time using a couple of different pinks and a light red in the Distress Inks. I have also made cards with gold embossing paste, clear embossing paste and opaque embossing paste with different colours added.
 I wanted it to look as though it is fading away on the outside and more intense inside so was very happy with the look. I did this straight onto the card base so 'one layer'. Finished off with a 'Technique Tuesday' love you die cut. This was cut from glossy cardstock where I have smooched in alcohol inks. Love the look of this effect and will find a way to use the negative as well as it would be a shame to throw it away.


I don't know why but I have ended up with a section on the heart that looks smudged near the 'l' yet the card is perfect. I looked at all three photos and this mark is there and all I can think of is maybe reflection. Sorry I don't have time or energy to take photos again, maybe tomorrow.

Left the card with no enamel dots or gems as I felt it looked perfect as it is especially as a CAS card.

Would like to enter this in







I  am not sure what the rules are when entering a challenge if there is no stamping on the card. Because I stencilled the heart and die cut the sentiment if I have entered your challenge and this is incorrect please let me know and I will remove from your challenge.

Thanks for coming to look and I hope you come again soon.


12 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Fabulous card. Beautiful effect with the stenciling and blending.
Flo x

Karen Dunbrook said...

how lovely....would work for a guy or lady friend.

LeAnne said...

This is lovely! I have been looking for a nice "love you" diecut, I'll have to check out TT for the one you used! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week! ♥

Linda Callahan said...

This is a great stencil and makes a beautiful Valentine! Thanks for sharing it at the Paper Players!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous! Do love the ombré on the stencilling. Impressed with your one layering super fast card! Xx

Judy Woodland said...

It IS a perfect CAS card, and I love the look of that stencil. Almost looks like a mosaic. Beautiful colors too. Wonderful design and great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along with us this week at
Mod Squad Challenge

Greta said...

Wonderful use of that stencil & beautiful, CAS card, Aileen!

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful sponging with the mosaic heart stencil! Lovely card!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful card, Aileen! It's wonderful! :o)

Loll said...

Really beautiful stencil Aileen. Love the look of the blended distress inks. xx

Shelia said...

Oh what a beautiful card! I really like that stencil and your colors are gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs.

nwilliams6 said...

This is wonderful! I love that stencil and the colors. ONe of the prettiest Valentine's cards I have seen. Thanks for sharing it with us in the DRS Designs Challenge!