Translate

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Happy First Birthday


This is another of Mo's images, a fairly new one actually so I am being a good girl and colouring though there are still plenty to catch up on.

Okay with this card its a fairly simple one that was needed for a cute little boy who was turning one.
Coloured with copics and finished off the image with a couple of enamel dots that look like the press studs on his pants, a bit of glossy accents on the candle and a wee little bit of glitter on the cupcake so it looks like the sparkle that comes on cakes these days.


That is such a cutie potutie (think I made up that spelling but you get the idea).


As you can see I ended up die cutting the image and then a piece of patterned paper with the same die cut, this time keeping the negative. Glued them straight onto the card base, added the die cut 'Happy Birthday' that is joined as one. Lost the dot for the 'i' so improvised with an enamel dot that I can see didn't match too well (at all, so will have to change it).

Okay I would like to enter this in:









Okay thats it for today. Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








10 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

So cute!

lostinpaper said...

Your colouring is brilliant Aileen, what a great card!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous colouring - can't wait to get back to the Copic class again! I love the little touch of the enamel dots, and I'd just leave it on the happy birthday. It's a nice contrast colour. Xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Aileen this is absolutely delightful such a darling image and wonderful colours
hugs
lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Love your colouring.
I think I might have that pattern paper pad in my stash! On my list to use up :)
Thanks for visiting - hope the rain has eased and Elysha is coping better.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful Copic coloring, and I love your sentiment! Really sweet card, Aileen!

Kathy Krug said...

I love this sweet image. Wonderful coloring and design. Thanks for joining the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week.

Colleen said...

What a darling image, so perfect for a one year old birthday card! Beautifully colored! thank you for sharing at Seize the Birthday!

OH Babs said...

Oh so cute! Love Mo Manning images and you did it justice with great coloring.

Glenda J said...

Super cute - absolutely fantastic colouring. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.