Translate

Sunday 24 January 2016

My Heart Beats for You


This card is quite a simple card and looks so eye catching but really doesn't show to its best here so you will have to trust me as I am sure you totally do anyway!!!

I used a die I have had for quite a while and sorry I cant think where its from, it cuts out one solid heart and two outline hearts at the same time. The die is all in one piece, will have to think about the name and put here if it ever comes back  to me.
Sooooo, I cut the hearts out on the red card base then I attached a layer of soft pink inside for contrast. Then I cut out another set of hearts from red glitter cardstock and also from some foam. I then attached the main outline  inside on the pink base and the heart in the middle.


In this shot the inside looks yellow, don't ask me why cause I have no idea but I kept the shot cause it shows the true glitter of the hearts.


Here you can see the card open a bit so you can see the empty heart on the front of the card. I stamped the sentiment using my Misti which came in handy as I needed to stamp three times to get the ink on perfectly having used a weave cardstock.

Love this sentiment 'My heart beats for you'


This is a shot of the inside of the card and another one of my 'disaster stories'.
I decided to finish this card off with the stamped sentiment 'I Love...... everything about you'
didnt notice the edge of a packet under the card. It looked flat and of course was not so as I pressed the stamp down it rocked at the 'you' as it caught the bump and ended up smeared and ruined. Another of those 'bloody hell moments' .........as you can see I saved it by using my scalpel to basically scrape away the inked 'you' very very lightly so it did not tear the paper, minimal rubbed look and glued the 'you' from a 'love you' die cut sentiment in place and ta daaa, its saved.


If not for that botch up it would have been over all very quick to do.

I would like to enter this in:



2nd entry


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.











14 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Looks difficult to photograph, but totally worth the effort! ps great save too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous! Love all that pretty sparkle glitter!

Tammy said...

Beautiful Valentine card Aileen! I love the sparkly hearts!
Hugs, Tammy

Doni High said...

Hi Aileen! I'm your newest follower! Your card is terrific and you did a really clever "save". I love reading whatever you write.You have a real God given gift there. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS.

Ruth said...

Absolutely love the bling - you really can see the shine! And well done you with the save on the inside! xx

Judy Woodland said...

I just love this card. It's simple and elegant and very sophisticated. The glitter is just gorgeous, and the cut out is genius!!! Great design, and great take on the challenge!! Thanks so much for once again playing along with us this week over at the
Mod Squad Challenge!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty Valentine card, Aileen! I love the heart aperture, and how you layered all that lovely sparkle! Great save on this card (both times)...I can't tell at all!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a cool Valentine's Day card! Love the dimension and how the outside heart is a window for the inside heart!
As for the cat - you can also get it from by Technique Tuesday, but you can also buy it from Rubber Necker - they have really cheap shippping :). From them its a set: http://www.rubbernecker.com/index.php/cats-set.html

Tracy Freeman said...

This is so pretty, i really like the almost hidden sentiment inside and those glitter hearts !!
Have a great day x

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...love your gorgeous red hearts.

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Gorgeous with the sparkled hearts and red!! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! I love how you made the window!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Wonderful sparkly yearts.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Stunning! That glittery heart is awesome. Love the window idea. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS!