Translate

Friday 1 January 2016

Beyoutiful Card

Yes I do know how to spell but thats the letters in the wonderful die I just got from Ellen Hudson shop. Better get use to it as I can picture using this an awful lot, its so mushy cute.

Today is the 1st January here and I was relaxing after lunch and suddenly had an idea. I had an idea of a card for the A2Z Scrapbooking Blog Challenge. You need to use at least one Hero Art product. Well with all the wonderful background stamps, stamps and dies I have that are Hero Art thats not hard to do.

In this instance I have stamped this flower background and white embossed on watercolour paper. Not a great quality paper (actually an El Cheapo from the local $2 store). Might be cheap paper but it is so easy to use with the Peerless Watercolours, no pilling and the colours spread beautifully.


After I had finished painting, I then went over most of the flowers with Wink of Stella. After it had dried I then die cut the 'BeYoutiful' word out. I cut out an additional three layers in black cardstock.
I added a half layer of hot pink and the other half of purple shinny paper to the front of the card.


I glued the watercoloured panel on top, added a black die cut to make sure everything was glued in straight then added the weeny bits of painted pattern that had been removed with the die cut word, right down to the itty bitty bit of the inside of the 'y'. Once they were in place I added another 2 other layers of black die cut then finally the die cut water coloured  word. I have done this before but like this card soon much better.

A few sequins here and there and then I decided to add glossy accents to the die cut word. It was still wet when I took the photo and I had to watch for run off.

Quite pleased with the end result.

I would like to enter this before the challenge ends at


Boy scraping this in on 1 hr to go, Ruth!!!

Other challenges:


Okay well I hope you all have/had a wonderful New Years eve/day and please visit again soon.





15 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a riot of colors - I LOVE it! Such gorgeous use of the background stamp! Happy New Year to you Aileen!

lostinpaper said...

Great idea and a fun card Aileen! Happy New Year to you, hope 2016 is an awesome year for you!

Ruth said...

Wow! One hour to go?? Nice timing!! It's really good. I love that background stamp with the heat embossing. And of course if your cheap watercolour paper works I say go for it - cheap doesn't always have to mean nasty. Have a fabulous New Year and I look forward to lots of crafting when I get my table back up and running :) xx

Dawn T said...

totally amazing Aileen. Thanks for playing along with us at A2Z

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Stunning Happy New Year x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful colourful design, love it! I've also taken a look through previous posts to see the beauties that I've missed. Happy New Year ! Shirleyxx

Arlene said...

Really beautiful design and card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Marybeth said...

Wow, Aileen.... what a background ! So many gorgeous, flowers! Happy New Year!

Greta said...

Floral delight, Aileen! Love the colors & camouflaged die cut! Happy New Year!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...you are amazing. Looks like a gorgeous flower garden, simply fabulous.

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card. Love the bright coloured background and the die cut sentiment is great - I can see why you will be giving it a lot of love.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for joining us at AYLI this week, good luck in the draw.
Lorraine DT

Shari said...

Very beautiful. 💗💗💗

Rae Ann said...

Love the effect of the raised word especially with the black edge from the card stock. Adding the little bits back in really finishes it nicely. You have a wonderful amount of patience!! =)

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes Blogiversary challenge.

Sarah said...

Wow, what an amazing card!! Thank you for playing at AYLI and good luck!! Sarah :0)