Well I'm amazed to be posting this card I tell you. It started out as a partial print out of a digital bouquet of flowers from 'Power Poppy'. I coloured it in with Copics and was very pleased with the end result.
As you can see here the flowers are so pretty. I decided to put on a purple card base but first stamp a sentiment.
Then everything went downhill from there. Stamped a little sentiment and it just looked wrong. The stamp has become spongy so some of the sentiment was nice and clear and some squishy, fat, blobby so I decided to do a new sentiment and work out how to cover the original and make the additional look ok.
First replacement was too long and had to hang over, no good. Second one was okay but as I was checking how it looked I put a big blob of black ink from my finger right above the flowers.
Sooooo I then cut the flowers at an angle with a die but had to cut close to avoid the first stamped sentiment and the black blob. THEN I commenced to cut four versions of the other cut panel to fit properly with the first one, you know how it goes, wrong angle, and again, too thin one side blah blah blah. As I was about to throw the whole thing in the bin I decided one more go, got it and decided it would just have to do.
Its a bit...... different, but it works. I'm happy with it love the sentiment 'Congratulations' die cut with the little message 'It's your day!' and finished off with 3 little acrylic dots.
Would like to post this to:
Seize the Birthday (the Topping is CAS but think I'll have to pass on that bit today)
Okay thats it for today. Thanks for coming to visit and listen to my story of disaster.
Hope you come to visit again.