Translate

Saturday 26 March 2016

Happy Mothers Day





Its time to knock out some Mothers Days Cards. when I was doing  my card I made the other day I ended up painting four different panels. As you know I can never do anything by one thats why I'm always behind the times.
This one I did in purple tones again with the Kuretake paints. Not as happy with this mix so will try again later and on better paper as I have now used up all the embossed images on the cheap watercolour paper. Still to post two others so you will hear me mention again BUT it will be interesting to see the difference between this watercolour paper that was fine to paint on just doesn't look as good and the better watercolour paper. Will let you know.


the top flower you can see is much closer to the true colour of the flowers, the larger bloom looks dull but is actually more like the top smaller flower.





I have die cut the stitched rectangle die from the watercolour piece and another the same size in a purple cardstock then decided to mount on a lilac card stock. Stamped the sentiment undated a gem above and below. I know the rule is usually never even numbers but it just worked for me, they are large and another was too much so I left it as it was. I liked it.

Its a pretty card and I will probably give to mum as she loves these soft colours. Plenty of time to decide as Mothers Day isn't till May.

Challenges:







Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




THE BUG

Wondering why I haven't posted, interested in the drama in my household then read on.....

Well I haven't posted since last Tuesday and I'm finally back. I have neglected commenting on blogs left right and centre with all these beautiful cards and challenges around. I did get to a couple last night.
Tuesday is babysitting day with my two youngest grandchildren. Welllll they decided to get sick before the day ended so there was lots of sadness, tears, yuck, moping, cuddling, washing and redressing before my time was up.
Long and the short of it is they decided to share their germs (was it their fault or MINE cause I just cant get enough of kisses and cuddles even when their sick) and of course being sick they love to cuddle up to Nanny.
 Elysha and I lasted a day before it hit us, vomiting and diarrhoea, same with my son and his wife and her parents. Boy it wiped us all out. 
We are both only just starting to think of eating again and still thinking we will wait another day just to be sure. Of course the weekly visit to mum and dad had to be postponed.

 I hope you all have a wonderful time at Easter and celebrate in the way that you want. I'MMMM BACK. How many cards can I post before Monday????



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card.
Sorry to hear you have all been so sick. Hope you are all well over it now and will be able to eat some treats tomorrow.

Kristina said...

Such a lovely card - purple is my fave colour! Thanks so much for joining us over at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges.

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card and great colouring!!!

Cara said...

Beautiful water colouring, love those soft purple tones. Sorry that you've all been unwell, it really wipes you out. Hope you enjoy a relaxing Easter, Cara x

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about that nasty bug! Gorgeous card, beautifully coloured, yes I am always playing with different types of card, I get protective over using my expensive card and then normally regret it.

Viv said...

This is so pretty! Gorgeous water colouring. x

lostinpaper said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better now, I hate vomiting, actually it's probably the nausea I hate the most.... anyhoo, love the sweet colour combo you chose for the flowers, I've been playing with purples myself today (that was until I had to go to work). Hugs x

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Aileen. Oh my you have been busy, we looked after our 4 yr old grandson last week for a few days and I had forgotten how tiring it can be lol. I adore mine too, I tend to kiss them on the top of their heads now and have caught less bugs thank heavens.Glad you are all feeling better now too ;) Viv xx

Barb Ghig said...

I completely feel your pain, Aileen...just got over the flu myself :(
But...you've made an amazing come back with these gorgeous cards! I love that you chose purple for your blooms, and your design is stunning!

Loll said...

Sorry to hear that you and your family all ended up sick. So much of this virus going around all over the world right now. Glad you are feeling well enough to post cards and hopefully you'll have all your strength back soon. Gorgeous cards ... looking forward to your critic of using the different watercolour papers. xx

Ruth said...

Oh no!!! I tell you, children are so kind to share - it's why we've all been ill with colds for over 4 weeks now. I really hope you're on the mend because tummy bugs are really horrid. YOur card on the other hand is stunning - I love the purple and you really get a lot out of the stamp. You've used it loads. xx

Ela said...

Lovely card, I love how you framed it with those layers.
Hope you'll be better soon. I feel with you, though last week only one of my daugthers was sick, it really hit her with high fever... So I haven't been crafting either.
Get well soon, all of you.
Germ-sharing-hugs
Ela

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love how you've layered the image. Hope you are well on the way to feeling better, Cathy x

TaeEun said...

Love these beautiful purple flowers! The layout with the tilted panels looks very stylish! hope you and your family are feeling better now, Aileen!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day card! Very pretty colored! Now you are all prepared for Mothers Day!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful Mother's Day card! So so sorry to hear about your tummy troubles, no fun at all. Take care my dear!

Sandy Trefger said...

Gorgeous card and design! Love your beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful Aileen! we have had our Mother's Day in March . . . I'm sure this one will be kept for posterity! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Donna Nuce said...

Your watercolour is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.