Translate

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Sparkle & Shine


Could this card be any busier mmmm???
IRL it just sparkles and shines and really looks brilliant. I saw the Challenge at Simon Says for Monday and it was make your own background.

So I knew just what I wanted to do. Got out my star stamps, I don't have them in the original packing so I'm not 100% but I think they are Verve stamps but they are no longer available. Now to admit this is the first time I have used them, I know its terrible. I can lie and say the Borrowers just returned them after taking them 3 or 4 years ago but nahhh I cannot lie :) I just put them away and every time I looked and then forgot them.
But now I will use them lots and lots as they are so beautiful and will make beautiful Christmas cards.

Check out those wonderful patterns in them. I stamped with clear ink then white embossed making sure I used my 'NEW' EK Embossing Powder Tool (of course that was after I had a major spill of contents but I'll keep that for another time I think). Okay so white embossed all the stars, using Hero Art Fine White Embossing Powder.
Then I decided to add colours teal/purple/blue and slightly darker blue. Love how it turned out and have enough left over for another card. Of course I sprayed on Pearl Mist so we have a lovely shimmer.

Not sure you can see the shimmer here with the camera flash hitting the acetate.  I then decided to make the piece into a shaker card as I felt there was little I could add to this background.

I die cut with the double stitch die so I could use both sides with the stitching. I added some acetate from packaging to the top layer. Glued down the centre piece, added double sided foam tape around the base, two layers, left the tape cover on the final layer so I could dust down the sticky sides with my EX tool. Added a pile of sequins and beads, glued a few in place so there would always be some floating around. secured the top layer on.


I cut the Sparkle & Shine die cuts with some silver cardstock but its not a mirror finish silver so actually looks grey here. Glued the sentiments in place and its all finished.

Time to enter this into:





Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






9 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely wonderful Aileen! Now, who doesn't love a shaker... but a whole card shaker, that really is amazing!

Ruth said...

That is gorgeous!!! I adore those stars - isn't it funny how some things just sit around for ages and then suddenly they get used and they look amazing! The background is gorgeous and I love the whole shaker. xx

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love all those wonderful stars and what an amazing background too!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a stunning creation ...love the shaker and the stars do shine!! Yeah I know about not using supplies...!!
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...please do drop in .Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Loll said...

So pretty Aileen. Gorgeous patterned, embossed stars and beautiful colours for your background. The shaker adds a fun elements (along with more sparkle). Great job! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Aileen this is a card that will get noticed for sure, all those fab stars and a shaker card as well, brilliant make
hugs
lorraine x

Cara said...

A really impactful card. Love the shaker element and those star stamps are just yummy. Been having a mooch around your blog and your copic colouring is amazing. I've joined as a follower, looking forward to seeing your future creations. Cara x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Had a chuckle at what you've written below this comment box.
Lovely combination work, Aileen, well done on using your NBUS. They rock, great card, well done.
BTW I've just joined your blog ( and it rolled over to no 60) well done :D and do hope you might pop over to my blog also. And join mine.... Off to snoop some more. Great blog.
Shaz in Oz.x


Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a fantastic card! I LOVE the energy you've created with it and how it almost jumps off the page with its happy vibe! The shaker element works perfectly here and I thought it was so clever of you to overlap the stars onto the frame. The whole thing made me smile and feel like I could take on the world and win! You did a really incredible job on this with those swirling colors and I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you so much for sharing this project with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!