Translate

Saturday 19 March 2016

'Hope you have a beautiful day' cause 'You are so sweet'


I bought myself a  Julie Nutting cling stamp. "Kate". Love it, couldn't wait to play. Made two cards for a  paper piecing challenge then found I had missed the closing time (though it still showed as open here, it had not only closed, but the winner picked. Talk about slow)

But not on this stamp. It means that a card for me is tall and skinny and needs little else. I want to use for cards, not tags, as tags are not something I have really gotten into except for Christmas.

Don't they just look so stunning, minimal colouring with copics and added some colour to the dresses for shadows.


For some reason the pink dress looks red no matter what so I took a photo of another piece this morning in different light and as you can see its a pretty pinky/red colour with pink foil flowers.

If you enlarge the blue dress one you will see that her dress is a beautiful blue with foiled purple stars, very elegant.


I have added a bit of shadow, on the blue you can see the shadow in different colours for depth. Still working on that bit.







Don't they just work perfectly and so easy with paper piercing. Cant wait to do more. Added bling by adding earrings, bracelets and necklace on one.
Did a couple of different types of blending for the ground on these. Another area that needs lots of work.

Finished then off with a stamped sentiment, being skinnier than usual it limited my sentiments if I didn't want to cover the girl at all. My ohhh my I think I will have to get some more.

now to see if theres a challenge they can go in:











okay peep's thats it for today and my second challenge. I'm off to play with Faux Pearls.

Hope you enjoyed your visit and come again soon.







9 comments:

Cara said...

Wow, they are stunning. Love the shading you added, so effective. Cara x

Loll said...

Beautiful image that looks amazing with your awesome colouring skills. Love the paper pieced dresses. Both are so pretty! xx

Céline said...

fab cards
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

TaeEun said...

So stylish and chic, Aileen! Love the paper pieced dresses! You mean the red looking one is actually pink? Red or pink, with that flourish pattern it looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Love the paper pierced dresses and the addition of bling. Both grounds look great although I prefer the grounding method on the right (blue dress) looks like wooden floors.

Mac Mable said...

Oh what fun and great for paper piecing and foiling etc. Love the extra bangles and gorgeous colouring in.

lostinpaper said...

These are fabulous Aileen, just by adding a little shading has really taken your designs to the next level, WOW!

Kim Heggins said...

These are just fabulous. I would love to have one in orange please!

Ela said...

Wow, that looks amazing, love the shading on the dresses, and the pretty papers.
Hugs
Ela