Translate

Saturday 19 March 2016

Welcome to the World Little Angel (for a baby boy)


I know this looks as though its a soft lilac colour but you are going to have to trust me its a beautiful pale blue (baby blue is my opinion) for both the die cut panel and the spotty paper.

I die cut the world panel twice once in blue and once in white and glued them together. I die cut the blue spotty paper with a die that was not related but close enough, I wanted to use it as it had rounded corners and I thought that looked softer. It took a bit of fiddling but wasn't too hard. The paper was too thin to use on its own so I die cut a piece of white card stock and stuck them together to make that panel stronger.

I played some more and made half a dozen shaker sections using the fuse tool, by golly gosh its brilliant once you get the hang of it. It still scares me that I will accidentally burn the house down or myself trying to grab it when it falls but DH found a solution:

Soldering iron stand on eBay, cast iron base $7 including postage in Australia. There was one from Hong Kong $4 or $5 including postage - how good is that. Bloody brilliant, cant wait for mine to arrive.

Fiddly bit was lining up all the pieces, so I used repetitional tape on the back of the shaker towards the bottom of the bag so it wouldn't show through later. Was a great way to get it in position. Then added dimensional foam to the spotty panel and attached. Lastly I attached the die cut panel and just slightly tucked on one side so the square corners disappeared into the curved cut.


If course I couldn't resist adding some Wink of Stella. Glued a few sequins on the outside of the shaker part so there would always be glitter showing. The mix I used was bits of everything, Its just way too expensive to get into select little selections with our dollar so low and our postage so high.

Finishing the card off with this really cute little silver charm that looks like a little boys suit on a hanger and attached to the card with a wee bit of silver ribbon. Of course I'm not going to tell you how hard I had to work to get that ribbon to look the way it does especially since I can now see one side is tighter in the twist than the other. I was fixed on this idea and all I will say is it took me as long as it took me to make the card in the first place and was a bugger.......

Thats it, deep breath and all is well. I will use a different idea to attach my charms in future and I'm going to make a swag of these cards, its already been claimed with an order for more please, thanks mum.

Lets see if I can find a Challenge or two.

This is all die cuts and no stamping so I'm not sure if its okay to enter this. I could find anything that said not but please delete if its not right.






I reckon the paper I cut up to use for this card is at least three years old so it fits the bill as does the piece of pale blue card stock that is probably older.

Okay thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.

P.S. My apologises to those who got my last post more than once, I needed to do some editing and I think it then posted again to you all, sorrrrrrrrry, really I am :)











10 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this sweet baby boy card, Aileen! You are a whiz with the fuser tool. Always great to use up some patterned paper that needs some love. :) xx

Cara said...

What a great idea to add a shaker element to the card. I'm ashamed to admit that my fuse tool is still in the box, I have plans for it though. Thanks for the heads up about that stand, will look into that. Your card is so cute, I can see why it was snapped up! Cara x

Darlene said...

Oh WOW what a fabulous shaker creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Gotta love it when it gets the family stamp of approval :)
Good luck clearing the stash - I should try some of that :)

Vickie Y said...

Awesome shaker card! Love the colors you used. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Mac Mable said...

Had fun reading your blog post and yes don't we spend an ordinate amount of time 'fussing' over one bit like your ribbon for your charm. I am not sure in my case if it's OCD or just we have to get it perfect (in my eyes). Such a pretty card and loving the shaker style and that gorgeous die.

Gale said...

Beautiful baby card. Cute charm. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and perfect for our challenge this week at CRAFTY CATZ in our Baby challenge thanks for sharing and good luck hope to see you back next week.
Aunty Sue DT

Naomi Johnson said...

Gorgeous card for this weeks theme. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Tami said...

Can you tell me which company makes this die? I love your card and would like to try and find it. Probably not possible any more but I would like to try.