Translate

Friday 30 October 2015

Celebrate with a bit of Sparkle


I know I said I had finished posting for today but I saw Simply Less is More Challenge and had been thinking on some ideas and there was only six hours left to post so it couldn't wait till the morning.


I received this brilliant star die in the mail this week and haven't had a chance to play with it yet. It cuts the stars and the outline so I did one cut in black and one in silver then put the silver inner cuts within the black frame. It is actually longer than you see here but for the challenge I wanted to enter my card in I needed to trim off about a quarter of the length.

I wanted to just stay with silver and black so it could be used as either a card to Celebrate someones success at something or to Celebrate Christmas. Being close to midnight the light isn't the best but you can see the sparkle there.

I finished off with the 'Celebrate' word die that is one of a set of three I think. All are long and the writing is quite small so I am finding that I am not getting much use out of these sentiment dies. But here it works a treat.

So now to connect to



Would also like to enter 

After entering this at Cute Card Thursday I'm not sure if it fits the rules as I haven't done any stamping, its all die cuts. So please excuse my error if I got it wrong.



Okay time to go do the link. Thanks for coming to have a look and I hope you visit again soon.




9 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Love all that sparkle Aileen and a fun and classy take on the sketch
thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Kim S said...

I love the look of the star border off the edge!

Neets B said...

Black and silver is such a classy combo, those stars look great. Perfect unisex card too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

lostinpaper said...

So so clever Aileen, what a great star card!

Anne said...

Fab new die Aileen and it makes a super take on our challenge!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

TaeEun said...

Great CAS design, Aileen! Congrats on the Showcase win at LIM!

Chrissie said...

My trip to Disneyland Paris with my grandchildren last week put me all behind with my commenting, I'm sorry this is so late!
This is a fabulous card, the perfect interpretation of our sketch!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Crealin said...

Waaw this is so gorgeous!

Crealin said...

Waaw this is so gorgeous!