Translate

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Sparkle more & Shine bright



I am meant to be posting about my homework from the online copic class that Ruth & I decided to do together. BUT.........

I got sidetracked when I looked at the Less is More Challenge - Jewel colours. An idea jumped into my head and I had to do it first. I couldn't decide which would look better gold or silver embossing so I did both so I could compare.

After comparing them I love both.
This is the image that inspired me.


I did this one first and didn't really plan out where to lay the gems other than I wanted them to look like they were raining down and there was room for the sentiment (mmmm yes planning ahead!!).

I used the Zig pens and they work brilliant as long as I remember to use the Canson watercolour paper. just a thin line down the left side then come in with water on the brush.

Finished with a silver embossed sentiment. The sentiment is from The Ton stamp set and the gems from Winnie & Walter stamp set.


This time in gold embossing. Planned my gems better in their fall down the card but forgot to leave enough room for the sentiment hence the very close edge.
Same colouring as the other just different start order. I really really love these cards. So easy and so pretty.

Heres the gems up close.

I would like to enter the silver embossed card in the

I would also like to add these to



Just realised I should be entering this in the Winnie & Walter Challenges, their stamps and all
  


Okay I will be back with my online class homework.
Hope you enjoy your visit and come again soon.


13 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

I am loving the gorgeous colours on these sweetie hugs Pops x

lostinpaper said...

So cool Aileen!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love all of those embossed gems! So colorful and fun!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Ruth said...

Gorgeous - good side track ;) I need to see if I can find the Canson water colour card and try my Zigs on it. You're not the first to have mentioned it as helpful. Xx

Ankie vd Polder said...

Great card, nice colors. Have a nice day, Ankie

Sid said...

Fantastic jewel colours there ! I have also become your latest blog follower !

Mac Mable said...

Oh these are just stunning. Love the both of them. Just jumped off the page on the challenge blog. Love them! x

Karren said...

These are gorgeous and your colouring is fantastic! I need to practice with my Zigs more to get a result like yours :)

francesca said...

beautiful cards!!
I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog, be sure to check it out!! :)

maria f. said...

Oh so lovely. Just love the gold one.

Chrissie said...

These cards are simply perfect for our challenge this time... wonderful jewels, gorgeous colours, superb CAS design and simply fab to look at!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Aileen you have just 'rocked' this challenge ... no pun intended there!
You've used the most fabulous stamp set and coloured these gems perfectly.
Truly a gem of a card! Love it and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Neets B said...

Perfect stamp choice for our challenge and those colours are so vibrant. I think the colours pop much more with the silver so glad you linked that one up here.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More