Translate

Monday 12 October 2015

On your Wedding day


I coloured this Saturated Canary image in the softest of green copic. I originally printed up the image on watercolour paper but it was cheap watercolour paper and of course it wasn't going to hold the ink well with water. Rather than throw the image away, I decided to see if copics would work on it. Not only did they work but they blended well and  there was no bleeding of the printer ink.

Isn't she just so elegant, I love this dress. My mother made ones just like this for my sisters wedding, she wore white and the bridesmaids wore green.


Though the blending isn't perfect on here it's not that obvious. Its only because I have come in close and at an angle because I wanted to show the glitter. Click on the photo and just check it out. Talk about Glitter and Sparkle, her dress is to die for. The flowers even have a bit of sparkle as does her eye shadow.

This image was so easy to colour, just one shade of green used. The background paper looks like it was designed to go with this dress and a very small border of silver sparkle around the watercolour paper to lift it.

All placed flat so no bulk and a simple sentiment stamped at the end.

I want to enter this into Addicted to CAS but even though it was very easy to do, quick and just has the one image focus, it may be too many layers so let me know ladies if it needs to be removed and I will cancel the link.



Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


10 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

She looks stunning sweetie so delicate, hugs Pops x

lostinpaper said...

She looks so sassy! Love it, and a great save Aileen!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Full of elegant sparkle and shine Aileen and what a brilliant funky and sassy image.
Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATCAS challenge.
Sarah x

Lidia R. said...

Wowww I love it !!! Your blog it is so beautiful ! Greetings from Costa Rica

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Clever save.

Sarn said...

Love it xxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is totally gorgeous!! Love your coloring and the sparkle really sets it off nicely! :) Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous bride. Your coloring is wonderful.

Ceal said...

Gorgeous! your coloring is perfect! thanks for playing with us at ATCAS

Jaydee said...

Your coloring is wonderful! Love the sparkle on the backdrop, too. so glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee