Translate

Sunday 9 October 2016

A little birdie told me 'Its your birthday' & Lets be Merry.



I couldn't resist doing a card for a couple of bird challenges on at the moment. Or 
at least I hope they are still on, as I forgot to post yesterday.

In this card I have used a mix of products from different stamp sets and
a new die that cuts out the circles with stitches around it.

I have done it so there is only the one little birdie on the front who is spreading the news.
This little sweetie is from Purple onion. The sentiment I'm not sure of. Through the windows 
you can see a bit of duck, a pink and yellow box and another duck.


When you open the card the rest of the sentiment is inside and we have a duck holding a balloon
from Penny Black, a present I coloured practicing my copic colouring and another little
duck from Purple Onion.



Was a bit hard to photograph with the images inside the card so did from this angle as well.


And again from the front. Quick and easy but must admit I sat and procrastinated
over which copic coloured critters to use. I have so many it became a major
decision. But birds did narrow it down 'slightly'.



 My next card is also Purple Onion stamps but this time all from the same company.


My elves come as two elves so I stamped repeatedly across the page then
decided to colour them in greens and reds in Copics. I have done similar to this before,
last year when I first got them, basically because they look like they are line
dancing :).

To add to their pleasure I added the disco balls spinning and throwing out sparkly
light. A bit of shadow under their feet.


Then decided the sentiment 'Let's be Merry' was perfect as they had probably
all had a whiskey or two before getting up to dance.



Challenges:


A little birdie told me...



A little birdie told me.....



Let's be Merry 2nd card



My card is the one with the sentiment 'A little birdie told me.....
and its for a very good crafty friend who has just joined me in The Flower
Challenge. Karren ( has for a long time been an inspiration as I love her style 
and we have become friends over the years through our card making. Karren 
has also been so supportive and helpful through the setting up of the 
challenge blog, knowing so much more than me when it comes to what it takes
to be in a challenge. We aren't meant to exchange cards because we are all so busy
but I couldn't resist as I think theres nothing nicer than getting cards in the mail.



Let's be Merry



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope
you come and again  soon.





19 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are both adorable. Just spotted the new photo on the side bar. Loving the pink noses.
Flo x

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Cute sentiment to use with your groups of elves and great coloring!Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Barbara said...

I love your little sweet ducks. and let's not forget that cute blue bird on the front too. Really a nice job using birds. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Good luck!
Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge Host

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Adorable - especially the one with the elves - super cute!!!

lostinpaper said...

Uber fab Aileen, I adore those dancing Santa's they are so much fun!!

Greta said...

Love the design of your cute BD card & the elves are adorable!

Cathy said...

2 gorgeous cards Aileen, such a clever design with the bird one and those cute elves or leprechauns are adorable!! They do look like they're line dancing,...after a whiskey or 2 lol! Cathy x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling cards - especially love your row of partying elves! Congrats on the win at Merry Monday!!

Joyce said...

My goodness, are these cute. Perfect coloring and such fun little critters.

Viv said...

Two great cards Aileen - but the elves having a party are my fave!

Deena said...

Living those little peek a boo birdies on this car. Great job.Thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash duck duck goose challenge.

TaeEun said...

Two absolutely adorable cards, Aileen! You did a great job to combine various stamps on the first card! And the dancing elves under that disco balls are making me smile!!! Love both!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my friend, I'm so late telling you what a fabulous card you submitted to SHOPPING OUR STASH, this is adorable, love the peeking windows for your sweet little critters, they just melt my heart.
Thank you for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.
Hugs,
Maria.

cm said...

Your birdies are darling and those elves! ACK! Tooooo cute! I need to remember to get those at some point...Another post of 'happy making'!
Hugs~c

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Aileen this is sooooo cute, well done! Shaz in Oz.x

Karren said...

These are adorable! Those little elves crack me up!

Lynne in NI said...

Ha your elf disco is hilarious Aileen! Love your birdie card too - great layout :)

Shelly said...

What fun and cute cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

paperkicks said...

Sweet, whimsical cards! Great designs!!