Translate

Thursday 27 October 2016

Smile Watercolour Flowers

I know, your looking at this photo and thinking is this the Colour & Sparkle blog??
Yes it is and yes I have finally let myself use a stamp for watercolour flowers with
water and sprayed more water on top when finished.

First I spent a couple of hours playing with different inks and colours on a large
sheet of watercolour paper so I could get a feel for what colours look good
together and which inks were easier to use.
I started out with the Altenew inks but I felt I wasn't getting what I wanted so I went
to my Distress Inks and there I felt I had worked out a style I liked.

In this instance I have stamped on Multimedia paper. Each time I have inked up
the layer and very lightly sprayed with water and stamped one on top of
the other. The hardest bit is working out exactly where to stamp and lining up
the next layer. I inks I have used are Worn Lipstick/ Picked Raspberry and
Abandoned Coral with Mustard Yellow for centres and Shabby Shutters or Crushed
Olive for the greenery.

When I was happy with the amount of stamping then I sprayed with water,
quite a bit actually till I felt it was looking how I wanted then I heat dried.
I added a little bit of Wink of Stella careful not to activate the colours again.

I finished the card off with a gold mirror card die cut 'smile' and a
little gold shimmer dot for the 'i'.

Still need lots of practice but very happy with the result. I realise its a style that
you don't look closely at and worry about the spreads and misses and should be taken as 
the whole. May even try again!!!!

 One challenge I would like to enter this in is about to close so I better get moving.


Challenges









Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




14 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch!

Flo Langley said...

Gorgeous card Aileen. This would look lovely framed as wall art.
Flo x

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful design! Love the colors and gold sentiment! :)

Viv said...

Loving your pretty watercoloured card Aileen, well done you ;) hugs Viv xx

Tracy Freeman said...

This is beautiful, the gold works perfectly!
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week X

Mrs A. said...

Your flowers look gorgeous. Monet was never specific with his flowers and look what his painting fetch now! Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow!~ I have not done anything like this yet, Aileen! Your pansies look amazing I love the pop of yellow, and how you prevented the two colors from bleeding to create orange! FANTASTIC! It's a beautiful card. The sentiment is also gorgeous! Hmmmm, I need to let go and try some water coloring similar in style. Thank you for the inspiration! hugs, de

Virginia L. said...

Love this technique as I also did a similar design in my You Tube Channel! Isn't Distress Ink FUN? So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love this technique with this Penny Black stamps, the images always come out looking gorgeous!!!
Beautiful detail on that golden die cut sentiment.
Amazing card, my dear.
Hugs,
Maria.

BożenA said...

Watercolor amazing effect! The flowers are fuzzy and yet create a wonderful, soft image. Gold sentiment is very elegant. This is a great card.
Hugs,
BożenA

BożenA said...

Watercolor amazing effect! The flowers are fuzzy and yet create a wonderful, soft image. Gold sentiment is very elegant. This is a great card.
Hugs,
BożenA

Lynne in NI said...

Your beautiful flowers look like they're in soft focus, love it!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Very pretty! Love your color combo. I love using water colors and distress inks on mixed media paper- gives a wonderful look. Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...your background is amazing and I love the look with your big bold gold sentiment.