Translate

Sunday 9 October 2016

Celebrate in Gold, Silver and Bronze

A masterpiece in shine but very hard to photograph. I laid the card down for the first
photo and its probably the best shot.



I used the Winnie & Walter die cut for the main part of the card.
I cut it out once in gold, once in silver and multiple times in white card stock.


I left sone of the silver pieces in place and held them there from behind with small pieces of tape.
then laid the gold frame on top. I placed the acetate behind the silver layer.


I then built up the white layers behind the silver. After the fourth layer
I added bronze coloured glitter to the sections that had clear areas.
I then attached the white card base with glue so the glitter would
stay in its sections. After I had finished I found some of the glitter wasn't
enough in some sections but no way I was undoing to refill. 
Finished it off with the 'Celebrate' die cut from Papertrey Ink.
Its certainly a shimmer fest.

My next photo is what my desk looked like as I worked my way through
five cards, experimenting with the blending and snowflakes (cant imagine what I'll do
with that). Trying to decide what to do you know, stamp emboss, watercolour, blend, colouring, die cut,  fussy cut, make a card, a background.




My goodness theres even a flower set I bought from Winnie & Walter and I haven't inked it yet.
Need fix that, lucky the next 30 Day Colouring Challenge is coming start of November.


Challenges


Craft table photo




Celebrate card



Celebrate all those die cuts



Celebrate all those die cuts



Back shortly with my next post. Thank you so much for coming 
to visit and I hope you come again soon.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic effect. You did a great job on the photo.
Flo x

Mrs A. said...

Goodness ! This is a masterpiece in technology. I love how you have built up the layers. I have seen this die cut on a few blogs now and must have it. Hugs Mrs A.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

what a wonderful card
thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes Dies challenge
Barb Housner (DT)

laurie said...

WOW this is awesome!I love all the shine..so festive. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

TaeEun said...

Wow! Great design with all the metallic elements, Aileen! Love the rose background on your desk :)! Looking forward to seeing some beautiful floral cards!

Leanne said...

Nicely done, this is so pretty, love the shine to it all, very cool technique too. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Leanne DT/4CC

cm said...

A celebration of shimmer and shine, Aileen! WOW! Your desk: the epitome of 'creativity' unfolding...
Hugs~c

Karren said...

Wow this is amazing! So much gorgeous shine!

Julie B said...

Gorgeous celebratory card, love that panel die cut!
Thanks for joining us at HLS. :)

Taheerah said...

A masterpiece is right - this is just amazing!! So love all the different metallics at play - a complicated design that ends up looking effortless (even though your desk shows it wasn't!). Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!