Translate

Thursday 20 October 2016

Witchin you a Happy Halloween and More



This is another post with three cards involved. And what a mix.
First I have this card where there is no stamping but it looks unbelievable IRL.
I used a leaf stencil from Stamplorations. Ohh my goodness I had so much fun
trying different colour mixes. The one I am sharing today I am using Transparent
Holding Paste mixed with Distress Inks - Orange, Red and Yellow. I made up three
separate mixes.




I used a spatular and spread a bit of each colour here and there then pulled it
across each other to end up with these colours. They are so vibrant I love the look.
I then die cut a couple of  pieces of gold vellum and a piece of gold mirror card
stock to make the leaves. Attached them at the top with a gold sparkle gem.
Its interesting that in the photo it looks as though the card has a curve
in but it is cut straight. Thats just the way the photo turned out. I finished the
card off with a gold die cut 'thanks'.

Mt next card I have made using this wonderful peacock
stamped image that my wonderful friend Ruth sent to me to
have a play with. This stamp is from a relatively new company
Krumspring Stamps and all the stamps are designed with triangles
within the pattern. They are so cute and her style is wonderful. Go check out
her shop, Instagram, you won't be disappointed. I plan to purchase as soon
as my buying freeze is finished.


The stamped image came in black ink on watercolour paper so
I have coloured with my Zigs blending the different yellows
together. The theme for one of her challenges going at the moment is
yellow so yellow I have gone. I added some flowers that I die cut
from yellow cardstock (cute flowers with little stitches in all
the designs).

I added some yellow sparkly gems for the flower centres
and a gold mirror cardstock die cut 'Happy birthday.


My last card is another Halloween card. Who I will give these too I don't know as 
we don't do halloween but its been fun.


This cute as image is from Sassy Cheryl's and I hate going there
cause every time I visit I see more images I cant do without and
she has been busy drawing so there are some brilliant new stamps.
You can see the sparkle on the bee wings anther spots on her dress.



Isn't this the cutest. I have coloured with Copics and added bits
of sparkle with my glitter gel pens. The sentiment comes
with the image and I finished it off with my Autumn colour
sparkly gems.

Before you go don't forget The Flower Challenge ends soon so if
you were planning to share a card you only have until the 25th. We have been
amazed with the response to this challenge with over 100 entries. We cant thank you all enough for supporting The Flower Challenge by entering.

I hope you have enjoyed this collection of cards and you come to visit again soon.


Challenges:

Thanks Cards



Thanks card with leaves/Autumn



 Happy Birthday yellow card




Witching you a Happy Halloween




Witching you A Happy Halloween



Happy birthday watercolour card



Witching you a Happy Halloween card




Thanks card autumn leaves



Thanks card Autumn colours






















15 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I can't believe all that bright colour is embossing paste.... incredible! More wonderful inspiration again today Aileen, thanks so much!

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, that stencil pattern looks amazing with all that bright colour!! No wonder you had fun with it. Love your yellow peacock card too and I bet Maria (Krumspring) will fall in love with it as well. And the colouring on your last card is absolutely spectacular!! So very happy to see you at ATSM this week!!

Anonymous said...

All fab cards. I hope to join the flower challenge - fingers crossed I get some crafty time over the weekend :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

OH my Gosh!! Aileen, this Halloween card is just the sweetest I've ever seen!!! I love when the kids come to my house on Halloween afternoon, dressed up and looking so sweet like this adorable little ones on this card, the doggie with his bee outfit is beyond adorable.
Your sweet peacock looks so bright and cheery and the Autumn card is stunning.
You've been busy my friend, awesome cards.
Hugs,
Maria.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...you are a card making machine! So many wonderful and incredible cards...love them all!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you! These are awesome but I have to say that STAMPlorations card is divine! Your vivid, bright color is amazing -- well done!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant selection of cards Aileen full of delicious juicy colours and fabulous designs, excellent work
hugs
lorraine

Viv said...

Oh wow the colour on that first card is just amazing Aileen! the touches of gold finish it off nicely too.Love the sweet peacock ...he looks very proud! and the halloween one...well what sweet images there....that cute doggie's face awww. Now I want to look at more of those now....oh my...hides purse !;) Viv xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so many wonderful cards but I have to say that first one is just stunning! it pops right off the screen! Beautiful work!

BoĹĽenA said...

Hi Aileen,
so many beautiful cards in one post. You've had a busy day, but the effects are very beautiful. Especially the first card I podona with its golden glow and odnistym color. Revelation!!
Hugs,
BoĹĽenA

JanR said...

Great card! The shiny sentiment is neat. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Karren said...

Fabulous group of cards, Aileen! Your stenciled card looks amazing and your coloured scene is just adorable.

Tanja said...

love your fabulous autumn cards - thanks for sharing your creation at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge

Peanut said...

What lovely fall inspired cards, Aileen! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Veronique said...

Cute Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique