Translate

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Three cards same stamp

 There are a number of photos in this post.
I got this stamp in mail yesterday so quickly made some cards before I left home 
for the night. Its Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I decided to get the
stamps from Casual Fridays and lucky for me they are very quick with their
deliveries even to Australia. I didnt think they would arrive in time but we still
have half a moth to go.

This first card I inked up the stamp with 4 different pinks to
get this look. I keep forgetting I have all these little 1" cubes of
Versa Ink and have had them for many many years and they still
work beautifully. They are a great ink for embossing as they stay 
wet for such a long time. In this instance I have clear embossed.
Look at the beautiful detail in the stamp. Love it.
I then picked out a couple of sentiments to put together.


I couldn't believe that with all three cards I stamped on
the sentiments and then managed to get black smudges
somewhere on each. This one I was able to save
by cutting from a one layer card to the rounded corners
rectangle stitched shape. I found of the three this one
warped the most from the heat embossing and nothing I did
would smooth it out. I added fun foam underneath but
still ended up ripply. Couple of faint smudges covered by
the pink enamel dots.



This next card ended up being long and narrow due to
smudges and more pink enamel dots for coverage.
This one was clear stamped then Neon Pink embossing
powder. Its from WOW and I cant tell you how long ago
I bought it and then never used it, bit too bright. But of
course this colour is back in so all those Neon embossing
powders need to come out and play. Again look at how
beautifully this has stamped and embossed.


Combination of words to make the sentiment 
'It's thats time of the year, get
'em squeezed' 



This final card nearly escaped smudging but then I discovered it
just on the edge so only a little trim down. You know I looked
everywhere to see where the smudges came from and I swear I couldn't
find anything but it happened.

This photo shows the embossing a bit better than the above one. 
This is a pale pink glitter powder, you can still see the
general idea of the stamp but not as well detailed.
It actually makes me think of that embossing powder thats
more dimensional.....frantage  but Its not its another of the
WOW but glitter embossing powder.



Each of these cards stamped and embossed beautifully because
I remembered to clean the card with my Emboss Buddy first and it
makes a huge difference. This time I just added
a few pale pink enamel dots and the sentiment 
'kick cancer's butt!'

Three very quick but pretty cards.


Challenges:

After adding I am not sure if Heat embossing is included. sorry if I
have miss-interpreted. Middle card.



First Card



The Middle Card





Third card - Glitter Embossing Powder




Second Card




Second card


Thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you visit again soon.







13 comments:

Borqna said...

Excellent!
I'm pleased to invite you to participate in our challenge:
IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES #74 - GIRL POWER
http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/2016/10/ikesworld-challenges-74-girl-power.html
Good luck!

Borqna - IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES DT

brenda said...

A super collection of cards and each one perfect for our 'Pink' theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Anonymous said...

Great cards. You know if you didn't tell us about the smudges we wouldn't know! The image has embossed so well.

Jan said...

Beautiful cards Aileen and such a lovely idea to make these as October encouragement too! Your embossed images are so pretty and detailed and I love the sparkle and shine of the glitter you've used too! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Ruth said...

I love it when I see old stash coming back around again. Love all these cards, even if you had to do some surgery on them. Xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous selection of cards Aileen that stamp is awesome it really stands out proud as it should, excellent work
hugs
lorraine x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous set - that ribbon looks great in either version!

Tammy said...

Three gorgeous cards, I love that fabulous ribbon stamp! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Three amazing cards Aileen, I specially love the one that says "Get them Squeezed", that is a must!!!
I love this stamp and you created some outstanding cards with it.
Big Hugs, my dear.
Maria.

Christine Blain said...

Aileen, the glittery pink ribbon is beautiful; you can still see lots of detail on that gorgeous stamp. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

susiestacey said...

Great cards, love the stamp and you have certainly embrassed cancer awareness.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Pink' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards, pretty and feminine.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts' PINK week;-))m

Mandy LaCroix said...

Great card!!!
Thanks for sharing it over at Addicted to Stamps Challenge!