Translate

Monday 31 October 2016

Hello Magnolia using watercolours.



I am away at the moment and using phone data to post this card.
Had to share this beautiful card. I stamped on Multimedia paper then 
watercoloured. No Wink of Stella on this card as the white I used I mixed with
The shimmer white paint and it is very strong. As you will see in the
close up.

I was doing this for the upcoming Flower Challenge then as I was adding it
to the Challenge with the other DT's I realised I had gone with
the wrong sentiment. No way to fix it as I said we are away. I can paint but
no other supplies.


Bit heavy handed with the silver  paint in the white mix but it only shows
like this when held in the light.


Here it looks fine. I added black to the red to get this deeper 
red look. A very watery mix for the pale green background.  A strip of
silver washi tape, a silver 'hello' and a few scattered silver dots
and its finished. I love how it looks with that soft green wash.



Challenges:














Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






15 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Beautiful card! I love flowers Aileen! Love your Hello die and strip of glitter paper! Would love to confirm the stamp & die!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card, Aileen! Looks simply wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Jo x

lostinpaper said...

So gorgeous Aileen!

Joyce said...

Absolutely stunning. Incredible coloring. And, that from your phone, too? Great photo.

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
Jane

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card! Love the sparkle!!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love that pretty image! Wonderful coloring!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case Challenge. Helen DT

Karen Dunbrook said...

stunning card...love, love the way you coloured your flowers...

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! And it's almost like you're saying there's such a thing as too much shimmer. ;) Your colouring is gorgeous, I'd say. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Chris Dring said...

This is stunning! Love the shimmer in the flowers, and that soft green background! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Kim Heggins said...

So pretty....love your sweet flowers, so beautiful!

Donna said...

Lovely! Pretty soft colours in your flowers!
Thanks for watercolouring with the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

Majo said...

An adorable card! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Majo -DT ♥

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Stunning. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.