Translate

Saturday 22 October 2016

You Are Amazing, Remember That.


Today was a watercolouring day and I had lots of fun watercolouring
stamps from EunJi Jungs . They are amazing stamps and I love to stamp them.
They stamp perfectly every time. I have stamped onto Multimedia paper
which is great to use with Zigs.

This is the second stamp and I have used another but will keep that for another day.
I watercoloured with my Zigs and lots of water to keep it nice and soft, well
as soft as I can go Lol.


Of course I finished off my watercolouring with my Wink of Stella
which is brilliant for moving colour around as well. A little bit of
yellow in the centre and the flower is finished.



A die cut 'you' and a sentiment from MFT which I performed surgery
on before stamping. I removed the you that was part of the sentiment
and cut again at remember so it was in two short lines.

A piece of purple glitter washi tape (I am loving using washi tape in this way
as it adds something to the card, uses up the washi tape and save on trying to
cut straight strips of glitter paper.

Then the most daring part of all. I got some silver paint, added water then did
some flicks here and there. I have come to realise that though I greatly admire loose
watercolouring and flicks and splatters they are just not me (yet!). I appear
to be too controlled, even tiding up as I watercolour an image. But I flicked and I am
proud.

This card is for a few challenges as I wanted to participate in Loll and Bonnie's new 
challenge nd have nearly missed out.


The main reason I did this card was for Becca's Hop to Stop but I must have read it wrong. I thought I still had 9 days -who knows where that came from but I just went to link and it was too late. Silly me, so sorry I missed this even as it is special.  Edit - lucky I have good bloggy friends (Darnell) to point out that the challenge is still running and so I can link the card. Who knows where I went -probably last years hop, blame it on life and all that is going on at the moment.



This I copied from Becca's Blog for you to read and will leave here.
1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetimes. 
Let that sink in - 33% of all the women you meet. 

And women aren't the only people who are affected! Women, men, transgender - gender doesn't matter. Domestic violence is something that exists regardless of gender, socioeconomic status, religion, education level, etc. 
  Purple is the color of National Domestic Violence Awareness month. 

And yet, it's something that is rarely talked about in very public ways. It's something that's hidden and hushed. And since papercrafters are some of the most amazing people out there, some of you have agreed to make a card (or cards) to raise awareness for this issue. Throughout the hop, I'll be pointing to some of my other bloggy friends who've experienced DV. Together, we CAN make a powerful impact. 

Speaking of amazingly awesome - ^^^ Do you SEE that graphic above?! These are all the incredible companies who've agreed to support this blog hop. 14 companies and over $500 in prizes! I can't thank them enough! 

Back to me:
 Last year I won am amazing price from Unity Stamps and I am still working my way through the brilliant collection they sent me.

Go and check it out, the main criteria - Purple

Along the same colour theme:



I love new stash as it means trying new ideas and playing with
new stamps/ dies/ paints/ stencils etc.


Thats it for today, I hope you enjoyed your visit and come again soon.







6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is very pretty, and I like the sentiment too! Thank you for helping to bring awareness to domestic violence.

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful flower and its shimmering so prettily
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh so pretty, love your sparkle and great job with your splatters!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is so beautiful. Love the sparkle.

BożenA said...


WOW! Aileen, this card is very beautiful! I admire the delicate watercolor and splashing, and I really like washi glitter edge. Great card.
hugs,
BozenA

Becca Cruger said...

Well a big thanks to Darnell for pointing you in the right direction because I sure wouldn't have wanted to miss this stunner of a card! Goooooorgeous coloring! Thanks for creating a card for the Hop to Stop and helping to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence!