Translate

Monday 24 October 2016

Hugs & Kisses and Birthday Wishes

I posted a card a week ago using the same stencil but this time I have used blues and greens and a bit of yellow.   This background was made with the leaf stencil from Winnie and Walter in different colours from the distress Inks range.

This card is 5.5" x 5.5". I used an opaque paste and
inks to colour up the paste.

As I moved the colours around the softer green and blue do tend to disappear
but are there if you look. There are also a few little speckles of bronze glitter
that escaped last night from their home and have come to rest on my card.

I love how the colours turned out and the look of the card. I decided to also use
the Winnie & Walter 'Hugs' die in silver. I layered up a couple of times then decided
to use dimensional tape to hold in place as the glue just wasn't grabbing.


I scattered around a few sequins in the same colours and thats it. so simple. 
Hardest thing for me is stopping and not ending up with 50 backgrounds with the leaf
stencil in all different colour mixes. 

Of course I made a few more, will share those later.

Challenges


















Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.















11 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Those leaves are absolutely gorgeous Aileen!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! i love the colours, the texture and the larger bold sentiment! yep, i'm a no reply blogger since an attempt to hack my email. :)

Mrs A. said...

Lokking lovely in this colourway too. Hugs Mrs A.

Lynne in NI said...

I've missed loads on your blog Aileen! This is FAB, looks just as great in the red version further down :)

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely beautiful card.

Marybeth said...

Loving this background for your hugs, Aileen! Beautiful card!

Ashwini Rao said...

Lovely colors, Aileen! Love the soft and subtle coloring and the sentiment in silver! Great combination! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
- Ashwini DT

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Wendy L said...

So perfect for our challenge, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Stunning! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

BożenA said...

Amazing picture with additional texture. I love the pastel colors of the card and a nice glow accessories.
Hugs,
BożenA