Translate

Friday 7 October 2016

Three cards


I got a bit sidetracked this week so now I have a dozen cards to post for challenges so will start off tonight with three.

My first one is using a Hero Art background stamp that I have used before.
I have stamped then gold embossed onto vellum. I painted the
flowers with Zigs only using two colours for the flowers and the same for the leaves
using the lighter colour to blend the darker in without using water.



I then decided to layer the vellum on a piece of gold mirror card, die cut
 with a stitched rectangle. I felt it showed the depth of the stamped
image up better.
Aren't the flowers beautiful. I finished them off with a few
little clear gems to give the illusion of water drops.


After I attached the vellum across the top with vellum tape which is meant to be
less visible, all I could see was the tape mark so I decided to attach the
die cut 'celebrate' up the top to cover it up.




this next card I have used Hero Art again,  this time a
geometric background stamp. I stamped and white embossed
then blended some blue and green Distress inks.

After blending the colours I sprayed with a shimmer mist but it doesn't
show up as well here.


I finished off with a die cut 'Thanks' in silver mirror cardstock
and a few scattered enamel dots.


My final card has only a wee bit of stamping on it.
I have used this Candy Strip die from Gina Maria Designs. another of her 
fantastic bargains at $10.00. I die cut three times, black, orange
and purple.

Added a piece of double sided sheet to the front of the card, then attached
the black from and start adding the colours. After I had put it together
and looked at my cut out feet they sort of disappeared with the background.



So I cut out a wonky stitched square in green for contrast.
Stamped the sentiment and then just used one pair of feet, adding
Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer and a couple of sparkly
enamel dots and it was finished.


Challenges :

Geometric background



Trick or Treat



Geometric card ' Thanks'




trick or Treat smell my Feet





Floral Background
Celebrate 


Trick or Treat Smell my Feet


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.

Before you go I want to thank all those people who're supporting me in
the launch of The Flower Challenge. Already lots of followers and cards entered. I 
cannot thank you all enough. If your not sure what Im talking about look at the post before this
that explains all about the new Challenge.













20 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Aren't those some pretty cards! I especially loved the first one, gold+vellum+coloring=awesome!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous creation Aileen. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Dream Valley Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I have both of those Hero Art stamps - swooning majorly over your first card - what a masterpiece!!!!! But the second one is very pretty, too - I should pull mine out again - I am sure it is covered in dust by now.... and your last card - delightful, or perhaps frightful - depending on the feet ;)

*Vicki* said...

All of these creations are stunning in different ways!! I really love the rich texture of gold on the top card, the second card looks amazing with your geometric multi-colored background and shimmer! I just love the third card with your bold and festive colored Halloween stripes!! So fun!! Enjoy the weekend! HUGS

Nance Leedy said...

Wow, the striped die cut background you created is fabulous! Love the texture and it's perfect to highlight the fun sentiment and "feet"! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, Wow, Wow Aileen three fabulous creations each wonderfully designed, but my heart was stolen by the first one the flowers and colours are extraordinary beautiful
hugs
lorraine x

lostinpaper said...

I'll bet the gold would look even more incredible IRL! Another wonderful collection of inspiration Aileen!

MagsB said...

What gorgeous cards, Aileen! Where do I begin?! I love the gorgeous colours on your first card, and the hexagon background on your second one, but the third has to be my favourite! I laughed out loud at the fun sentiment, it's a perfect card for Halloween!

Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B DT x

Anonymous said...

Awesome collection of cards. Love the gold.

Barbara said...

What nice work on all of these cards. Very creative work and all so different. Love the first one, it is my favorite. I can see why you have use that stamp many times. Putting it on gold mirror card is brilliant. It is a very dramatic look. Putting the THANKS on the second card with mirror cardstock makes a real statement. Love your fun Halloween card as well. Thanks for joining up,at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my friend, this cards are stunning!!! Your first one with the gold embossed velum just blew me away, it shines so beautifully and the way you framed it with the stitched die in gold makes it look like it belongs in an art gallery. The geometric card is so beautiful, the emboss resist technique always looks fabulous and the Halloween card is both fun and also adorable, the colors just pop, it was a great idea to add the vibrant green die cut to the witch's feet.
Thank you for sharing.
XO
Maria.

Lynne in NI said...

Gosh Aileen these are all fab! I especially love your gorgeous floral golden one, it's a stunner!

Brenda said...

Love all your cards! But obviously I'm most interested in the last one. It's so cute and so perfect for our color challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

Sherrie K. said...

What a spectacular collection of cards!! GREAT job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the birthday Anything Goes challenge!
Sherrie K
STB~Guest Designer

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen, all of them are fabulous and I love the witches feet and the die cut background design, LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

cm said...

Dazzled with your trio, Aileen! The flowers on the first: gorgeous, especially against the gold (brilliant, by the way); your shimmery geometric background is perfect for your silver thanks; and your witch's feet...hahahahahaha! LOVE it! Awesome all around!
Hugs~carol

Karren said...

Fabulous cards, Aileen! From beautiful and elegant, to modern and graphic, to just plain fun!

Whimsey said...

All are just FANTASTIC!!! That gold/red card is jaw-dropping stunning; just beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at A Blog Named Hero! ~Michele, DT

Cindy C. said...

Very fun collection of cards, first one is stunning, second is really delightful, and the last so cute!!

Karen L K said...

What a great geometric card for A Blog Named Hero! Such a pretty Congrats card and the Halloween card is so much fun.