Translate

Thursday 21 June 2018

Congrats and Smile


Today was a day where inspiration hit and cards just happened one after the other. I decided to post a couple today and the others tomorrow as they are all rather bright and full of colour and I don't want to cause too much bling overload.

This first card is all Stamplorations from the stencil I used to the diecut word.

First I have blended Tim Holtz distress inks in a nice rainbow blend of colours but I did have to cut a little bit of the colour off when I put the card together so some colour was lost but not much.

After blending the colours I used Bo-bunny clear glitter paste to get this fantastic sparkly look. I didn't want to overdo it on the front of the card so I only did a strip and attached that to the front of the card then cut out white strips of card and added foam tape to the back and added each side.


I wanted a big sentiment to go with this so chose the 'congrats' one and diecut in white and offset it then added another layer slightly offset on the white in gold. I love the look and it sure doesn't need any sequins or dots to finish it off.




 My next piece of inspiration was this piece of alcohol ink piece I made after setting up my colour charts. I played around with some of my blues and lots of blending solutions a couple of days ago.
Today I was looking at it and thinking water, waves, sea so looking through my images and up pops this little lady, she's perfect and from Tiddy Inks.


I copic coloured, fussy cut and threw her down randomly and where she landed just felt perfect to me so thats where I stuck her. I then cut the piece of yupo to the size of my card and attached it.

Isn't she fabulous, don't you feel as though she is swimming right at you, rolling through the waves. I thought of maybe a sentiment like WAHOOOOO or Coming for youuuuu then thought no just 'smile' is perfect.

Its what she looks like she is doing as she's swimming towards you. Smiling and ready to say 'hello'




Challenges:


Smile




Congrats




Congrats






Congrats




Smile




Smile
I don't live in America but I tell you what, if by
any chance I should be a winner I will give my prize 
to a friend in America.




Congrats card



Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.







10 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

fab rainbow and inking. love the sparkle. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely colourful card and loving the sentiment. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

BożenA said...

I have not seen such a great set of cards for a long time. The first card has great vibrant colors. The golden sentiment looks stunning. But the second card left me for a long time with my mouth open ... WOW !!! The water created by AI looks stunning. I love how you have managed to create air bubbles in the water. This card fits my blog perfectly :-)))
Big hugs,
BozenA

ionabunny said...

Love the sparkle and the little scuba diver is so cute. Hugz

Josephine said...

Two lovely cards!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Jane said...

That’s one very eye catching and glittery geometric panel! Love the empty white space on each side of it. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Wowsa Aileen! This card is soooo awesome! I LOVE that alcohol ink background! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Summer Fun Challenge this week!

Izzy Scrap said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen ! I've been particularly attracted (in the SIP gallery) by your wonderful card with this little girl snorkling in this stunning blue sea ! WOW, it seems so real ! LOVE it ! Makes me want to buy alcohol inks to try ! Thanks so much for the fabulous inspiration !

Kim Hamilton said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Lin said...

Two very different, but equally gorgeous, cards.

Thank you so much for sharing in our 'wet or dry embossing' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers