Translate

Thursday 28 June 2018

Happy Birthday To You

Only one card today but it is bright and eye-catching I think.

All MFT today (for those not familiar with MFT thats My Favourite Things - a Company for stamps and Dies and and things wonderful #mftstamps)

So what we have here is a stamped and white embossed background stamp called
Big Wavy Background which I had so much fun colouring with different Zigs and water.

I then added the doubled sided tape the back of the panel and die cut the sentiment which is
also from MFT 'Happy Birthday to You'. I left that to the side and die cut another two layers
of the sentiment out of green fun foam with the double sided tape on the back of it to make it
easy to adhere in place.

In this photo you can just see the green of the funfoam . I added the watercoloured
cardstock directly to the card base without the letters, then added the letters in green
foam one on top of the other, then finally added the wave patterned layer on top.



You can see the green a bit better here. The foam works so well for added
height. And I love how rich the colours have turned out. Here you can see
where I have gone back over the light colours with darker washes to add shadow.

Okay so another card finished, very easy colouring as it was heat embossed, the hardest
bits was deciding which colours to use and that became just hit and miss. Perfect card for 
a male or female. Probably take the gem off if I give it to a male friend/relative and put
a little anchor or shell there instead (which I just thought of and will do anyway so visualise).

Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon. 


For my lovely commenters I'm glad to hear you like to read my waffle so I will continue 
to waffle and fill your day with bits of this and that from my life.  Hugs xx



Challenges:




So sad this is nearly at the end



















7 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow! Loving this happy and fun card. Just had to come and tel you. I spotted it right away. It stands alone and rightfully so.
Thanks for joining with us in this anything goes challenge, and for being a friend of Seize the Birthday.
Barbara Design Team member

Darnell said...

You chose beautiful colors, Aileen! I think that's a cool image ~ reminds me of a Zentangle design and it has brilliant movement especially the way you've colored it!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Super psychedelic, sister from another mister! I don't remember this from MFT - but I'll never forget your cool card!
=]

Viv said...

This is so gorgeous Aileen! Love the bright colours and clever design too. I think only us crafters know how much work goes into each card lol. Love your waffle too, I am also a great waffler.....as you might have noticed lol 😀 hugs Viv xx

Ruth said...

What a gorgeous card with all its bright colours. I've toyed with buying some of their background stamps, they are so detailed and stamp up beautifully. Just love the hidden die cut too with that hint of green popping through xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous colourful Birthday card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Rachelle Oltean said...

Beautiful coloring job! I love that stamp and plan to head over to MTF's shop to add it to my wish list! Congrats!