Translate

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Hello Sunshine and 'Woohooo - ooops I forgot to blog it'



Two cards today because I have one I made with a particular challenge in mind, that was the 'CASology Challenge' which was 'Jump' and I thought I had done a really cool card for it then forgot to blog about it so finally got beaten by the clock.

Well here are my two cards. You have to use your imagination with this first one because I was playing with a piece of scrap Yupo and some Alcohol inks and trying some different ideas
and ended up with a piece that to me made me think of the beach (thats what I see - OK!!)


Blue waves hitting sand, thats the wake the dotty bits then yellow beach
going to orange for some different colour. Yes I know a bit extreme but it works for me.

Its so bright I had to go bright with my little girl from Mo's Digital Pencil. Isn't she a sweetie, little chubby fingers and toes. Anyway Copic colours and used my Fluro Copics on her swimmers.


Added a  couple of die cut gold twinkle stars, one on hat, one on swimmers to hide splot. And decided that white sentiment was best 'hello sunshine' from Stamplorations.

Now check out my Jump card.

I even gave them little jump lines. Nearly had a disaster when I stamped the sentiment. I bought the MFT Intense Black Ink and decided to use that. Weeeeeelll my card stock decided it didnt like this ink and did a slight bleed, luckily a Copic Artliner and steady hand tidied it up.


My girls here are from Clearly Besotted (Trouble in a Tutu) I love them, the swirls are from a different stamp set (sorry cant think what at the moment). The background panel is blended Distress Oxides.


The panel is a new die cut I got from Studio Katia (Just went to link but it is currently gone from stock fora change??)

Stamped Woohooo! not sure where this sentiment is from. Added the hippos with dimensional foam tape and the middle one with a wobbler.

All done, now lets find some challenges:




Hello sunshine




Hello Sunshine




Hello Sunshine





Woohooo!!
I hope you can see how small these stamps are as the wobbler which is the smallest is still too big for my wee little hippo and the little stamped lines. Well at least I hope its all small enough.






Woohooo!!




Woohooo!!

Perfect little card for a little girls birthday.



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.













12 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely bright and cheery summertime creation Aileen, it's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations this month, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a fabulous card for Summer and I love the background. Great stamping and lovely warm colours too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply sweet and adorable cards! So in love with your amazing coloring.

lostinpaper said...

Definitely beachy and definitley jump, both cards are so much fun Aileen!

Marina said...

Fun, fun, fun! Fabulous fun! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

BożenA said...

Oh, Aileen !! I just ordered this stamp and when I look at your card I decided that the most beautiful card with this stamp was just made by you. I'm not able to make half a beautiful card like this card. Thank you very much for sharing your creativity with us. And the second card is so cute :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Shauna said...

Wow... two fantastic cards! I particularly like the backgrounds you created and your cute hippos. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is so cute and adorable! I love it! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Always Fun Challenges!! Cyndi, DT

Ruth said...

Aww and you weren't even late with it you just forgot! I LOVE the alcohol ink background. I really can see the beach and the sea in it. And I adore the little dancing hippos. That's one of my favourite sets of all time! xx

pinky said...

Perfectly adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Colleen said...

LOVE LOVE your clever Jump card! But I must see i also adore the beach scene! I love the looks of the waves and beach and that cute little sweet thing in her swimmie! Adorable! thank you for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Bobby said...

I definitely see the beach in the first card, Aileen, hot and sunny like it's been here the last week or so. Those dancing hippos are just darling. Thanks for sharing them with us at Addicted to CAS.