Translate

Friday 15 June 2018

Smile, take time to enjoy the simple things




Another one of those times where I am entering a challenge at the last minute. I forgot that Just Us Girls Challenge this week is Alcohol inks and I had been playing around. It hit me about an hour ago and I thought bugger missed it. BUT then I thought, mmmm just check it out first

Still an hour to go, wha hoooo

So I made a panel with lots of reds, oranges, pinks and yellow, kept adding blending solution in streams so the panel was rather rich in colour not blown on this piece. You will see it a bit clearer further down.


I decided to cut the 'smile' sidecut that is for shaker window but I didnt want to fill with
sequins in this instance. I did add acetate behind so the cut frame and 'smile' would attach
again without any problem.

This is inside the card. Its so hard to show the richness of this piece, lightening to show the yellow and pink there, you will just have to imagine the depth of the colours. And the sentiment sits perfectly below it.


Here side on you can see the circle of the alcohol ink piece. The butterfly was cut from the same piece but an outer edge where the colours are much lighter. Can you see the little heart sequins below the butterfly (butterfly poo's!!! ohh Aileen you are so immature sometimes)

Only added a couple of larger sequins as I felt that was enough. As is often said sequins become the longest part of the card, sitting pondering, trying to decide, looking inside, should I, yes - no. 

Time waits for no man (or woman)
Its time to link it up




And for those of you who haven't visited in the last couple of weeks here's the Alcohol Ink Chart I made recently with my  Tim Holtz Ardublock Inks. Still to add my other inks



All here except my gold, silver and bronze as I don't like their flow. After dropping a drop on yupo paper I then flicked the pieces with blending solution.

Well thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon



Challenges Added:


















5 comments:

Aileen said...

smile 2

Bobby said...

I'm glad you made it in time, Aileen, because I wouldn't want anyone to miss the gorgeousness of your card. Those colors are so vibrant and blend so well and I love that it's on the inside with an acetate window. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Kylie said...

Aileen, these colours are sensational. Love this! You also really need to link up over at the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge for the month of June - the theme is 'Smile'! xx

Macimbalo said...

Love your design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge this month! (and at JUGS too!)

Shylaashree said...

fabulous colours at teh background. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations