Translate

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Hello, a belated birthday wish.

I bought the perfect sentiment to go inside my cards because I am always late sending my birthday cards out. No making them, I have cards galore just trying to find a system that works for sending them on time. SO I found the perfect stamp for inside instead

Your Birthday came,
Your Birthday went,
Here's the card
I SHOULD HAVE SENT

Isn't that just perfect. You can put something else on the front so it's a card that can be put up and displayed and doesn't need to be put away cause their birthday has past BUT acknowledges I have as usual missed their birthday but still love them......


I have stamped and white embossed the flower Mondo Hydrangea by Julie Ebersole, love it and have seen it done so many ways. It never ages. I have the die as well which means making a mask is so easy. So there was lots of masking for leaves here and there as I wanted this particular one to look like a part of a bush.


Here you can see it side on. I think the colours are my imagination colours but then the last one I did was rainbow colours so this one is probably closer to realism than that one. I stamped on multimedia cardstock and painted with Zigs, lots of different pinks and oranges and lots of water. 

I coat the petals with the palest pink then just add dashes of the other colours then a big pool of water and move theatre around to move the colour. I would do roughly three flowers each time, so thats three smaller ones within the bunch not letting the Zigs dry out too much. If it does add more of the colour and water.

The leaves, three green, palest, olive darkest water. Some sequins and the 'Hello' from one of the Hero Art Monthly Kits, isn't it neat. And then that sentiment on the inside sleeve I have added to make it a  Belated Birthday Card.


Thanks so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come to visit again soon.


Challenges:
















The challenge at Stamping Sensations this month is anything Goes
and their main rule is that stamping is the main feature of your card
so I feel I have met the qualifications there.






8 comments:

ankitag612 said...

Oh wow. Gorgeous. This stamp set is such a favorite of mine. I love how you masked the bunch and covered the whole panel with it. I was yet to see this style implemented on the stamp set. Beautiful peach toned coloring on the flowers. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Leanne Harris said...

How bright and cheerful this is Aileen, it really make me smile. Thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

Viv said...

A lovely work of art Aileen. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations!

Ruth said...

Oh goodness! This is simply stunning and the sentiment is fabulous on the inside - perfect for me too. I've decided just to start making belated cards as I never get them out on time either - as you well know!! xx

lostinpaper said...

Look at those colours, everything about it is perfect Aileen!

Anonymous said...

bright and beautiful and such lovely colours, aileen! the inside verse is perfect! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

Sally H said...

A beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, gorgeous stamp and colours.
Thanks for sharing at Penny Black & More & good luck, x Susan x