Translate

Thursday 14 June 2018

Three random cards just because I felt like it.




Have you notice that peoples comments left on your blogs are no 
longer coming through to you as emails????

Now that I have mentioned it, you have just realised that you haven't read a comment lately!!

Well thats because Blogger has changed things again. My goodness why they cant leave good enough alone is beyond me. But the only way to fix this is to 
 a) Do your post as usual
b) publish as usual
c) now before anyone can comment make a comment yourself (doesn't matter what)
d)click on notify me before you hit that button publish
NOW YOU WILL RECEIVE COMMENTS MADE ON YOUR BLOG AND
YES YOU NEED TO DO THIS EVERY TIME TO POST
OR TILL BLOGGER CHANGES SOMETHING ELSE

Now my cards:


This first card was just because I felt like making a card with a bit of humour. I've combined a couple of stamp sets and with some masking managed to get the scene you see, the crab on the surf board asking 'What's Up??' Built the sea around the crab and added in the shark fin. There is already some sea and those water drops around the crab. It's a great little stamp and comes with some really neat

little sentiments but I cant find who made it. So if anyone recognises it please tell me as I would like to note for future reference. Anyway after stamping I coloured with Copics and stamped the sentiment. The idea of the card is that its for a someone you haven't heard from for a while and wondering why?



Next up, well I couldn't resist making another friend card, I coloured this the other day and showing my friends on Facebook, now I'm sharing here and will add to the Less is More Challenge if there is still time as its perfect I think.
Aren't they just the bees knee. Actually they make me think of Elysha and my eldest grandson.Very much best friends and it's so funny when Elysha says to me my little Keegan who at 16 is extremely tall 6' 7" and still growing and Elysha who missed out on height in our over tall family  4' 10" 



I love this dog stamp and the sentiment that comes with it and cant wait to play with it some more.

My final card


is a set of stamps I have had a while, layered stamps from Altenew using watercolour technique.


I have used Distress Inks, watercolour cardstock, each time doing the layers in different colours lightest through to darkest with a light spray of water onto the stamp after inking up each time.


Once the ink was dry I went over some of the petals with a shimmer brush to add some glitter which you can see better if you click on the photos to enlarge and go to the closeup photo. I had to quickly blow-dry once flower where I ended up sticking the diecut as the water got a bit too wet the green started to swell and spread. I then attached the 'thank you' die cut and some clear gems. 


Quite happy with the end result but still not totally wrapped in the layered stamping technique.


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


Challenges:

Friends come in all.....



Friends come in all.....


Friends come in all......





Whats Up??





What's Up??





My first time playing at Inspiration Destination and I have used
four stamps including the sentiment stamp and the water stamp that
I used multiple times.





Flowers 'Thank you'




Flowers 'Thank you'




Flowers 'Thank You'













17 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Aileen! Wonderful cards, love the puppy one! and TFS the tips about blogger and it's changes. hard to keep up with for mere mortals lol! Cathy x

StirYourCreativity said...

Wonderful cards and each one is so different. And thanks for updating on the that email thing, I was wondering why I was not getting emails!

Viv said...

Great set as always Aileen!

maria f. said...

Oh how I love those funny cards. Super CAS and totally made me smile. As for the blogger notifications, I'm gonna give that a try. It's said they are working on it, but who knows...

Marilyn said...

I love these cards, especially the puppy one but that's probably influenced by how much I like dogs!
Isn't that a pain with Blogger and why do they keep changing things...so annoying!

*Vicki* said...

These are all sensational creations! Really love the images and your coloring! Hope you're doing well! HUGS

~ginny said...

Thanks for the hack on the new Blogger change! And, thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613. Your watercolor technique makes a lovely card! Nicely done Aileen!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Karren said...

Three wonderful cards, Aileen! I particularly love those dogs - too, too cute!

brenda said...

A pretty floral creation Aileen, many thanks for joining in with our 'In the Garden' theme at Penny Black and More challenge. And I adore the dog card.

B x

Kathyk said...

Three fabulous cards, I do love cards with humour

Kathyk

Leanne Harris said...

Some lovely makes and you've shared a very pretty one with us. Loving the pretty blue Altenew flowers. Thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxx

Nonni said...

What an adorable dog image!!! So cute! Your coloring looks amazing and I adore the simple look of this card. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More again!

Ruth said...

Goodness I love that little crab!! I'd be quite scared if I was him with that shark swimming about..... it's good to just make cards because you feel like it. And yes I have noticed that things don't come through to me anymore, so I check as much as I can on my blog for unpublished comments. Honestly life ain't easy anymore! xx

Shylaashree said...

awesome colouring. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful cards.. and awesome colouring..Love the first one so much..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugsxx Deepti Aggarwal

Neets B said...

Sorry for the late visit, Aileen! Such fab cards, all of them. Your first is so fun and I love the way you've added shading to the dalmation, I would never have thought to add the blush tone for shading, it works brilliantly.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards and the flowers are so pretty/
Thanks for sharing at Penny Black & More & good luck, x Susan x