Translate

Friday 15 June 2018

Reminder Post for The Flower Challenge #21Use A Previous Challenge


This time I decided to go with Challenge #10 which was Embossing Heat/Dry

I have put one card up on the blog at The Flower Challenge but I actually made two cards, using a stamp I have had for quite a while just haven't used for a bit. Thats what happens so much nowadays with so many stamps coming out. I think we could probably stamp a stamp a day and still not repeat once in the year.

Now first I have to say I have always loved the cards done by Anita from My Papercraft World, I love her style and technique and colours and have always loved the fact that she uses a type of linen card stock that just looks amazing for just about all of her cards. I have looked high and low to find the same here in Australia and have not been able to find anything that has pleased me.

This is the closest I have come so far. I am currently trying out this cardstock that I ordered and have stamped and heat embossed on then Copic coloured on. I cant say whether it does well with Copics yet as the copics are within the embossed area and very light towards the embossed edges.

I do like the look. The image stamped really well. I stamped in black ink and quickly added clear embossing powder. I then coloured with copics trying not to touch the embossed areas as much as I could as the copic ink will break down the embossed area (apparently).

I love how it turned out keeping the colour really light towards the outer edge of the petals.


There is a wonderful sentiment that goes with this flower stamp that is from Technique Tuesday but I was just too chicken to try stamping on the linen cardstock as the sentiment was quite long and small print. I decided it wouldn't look right with an attached copy of the sentiment either as the stamped flower is level with the card.

So my best choice was of course a die cut and a shiny and silver one at that 'Just Because.....' straight under the flower to me was the perfect placement. To brighten the card and take it from black sadness to pink brightness.




Next I decided to stamp and white emboss. It is truly beautiful but needs to be seen IRL to be appreciated. Stamping onto this linen cardstock has not affected the image at all, it has stamped and embossed perfectly.

I went with blue Copics this time and faded the yellow out as it sent up to a very pale yellow though it looks like no yellow here, it is there at the top.


This time the sentiment is slightly smaller and because I have gone light and bright I have gone gold with the sentiment and slightly angled for 'hello sunshine'


Now it's time to go see what Stef our Guest Designer and the rest of the Design Team have been up to and they won't disappoint you. There is so much inspiration over there at 
The Flower Challenge
I expect to see many more cards and projects joining us in the next 10 days. 

Remember your choices can be anything from our Previous Challenges, that leaves the door wide open and we would love to see you there.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




Challenges:

Just Because




Just Because





Just Because




Hello Sunshine




hello sunshine















9 comments:

Viv said...

These cards are so beautiful Aileen! Now I want that stamp of course too.I have so many though I will just enjoy looking at your super cards. Amazing Copic colouring as I expect from you always my friend.I use Linen card most of the time too and love it,not for stamping on though lol 😀 hugs Viv xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen, both are amazing. Bright and colorful the first one, soft and subtle the second one.
Beautiful as always.
Hugs, my friend.
Maria.

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous cards mf...love the pop of colours especially on the first one!
xx Karen

Bobby said...

Love the big bloom taking center stage on yours cards, Aileen, and they are beautiful in either color.

Ashwini Rao said...

Been so long, Aileen - first, what fabulous flowers!! And beautiful cards - can't really choose which one I like more - would I choose the second one if I saw it IRL?? What do you think?
Second - thanks for taking your time to stop by my blog - it really has been to long, and I am ashamed that I haven't stopped by yours in so long (cries)... Promise to stop by more!! :) (thumbs up!!)

Ruth said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful stamp to use with this technique. I'm still aiming to enter - it'll be a last minute card just for you :) xxxx

Beth said...

Lovely colours and nice shading! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful cards Aileen and I love the bold look of this flower but the soft way you colored it. Gorgeous job!

Trina P. said...

A little late commenting, but I’m here! Both cards are beautiful, but you bright bold pink blooms is striking and caught my attention! The silver glitter sentiment is perfect to highlight it!
I never think to use limes cardstock, but I’ve seen some pretty amazing cards with them. May have to give them a try. x