Translate

Monday 4 June 2018

The Flower Challenge #21 Use A Previous Challenge




Well I enjoyed myself so much using Zig Watercolour brushes on vellum in the last challenge
that I decided to do just one more Floral card using the same technique. So I am going with 
May 2018 Vellum/Acetate as I used Vellum or Dec 2016 Using old stamp as I've had this stamp for quite some time now or July 2017 Embossing as I Heat Embossed or even August 2017 Focus on Background as its a Background Floral Stamp.

Hows that for previous challenges covered.




Here I have used something old and something new as I have had this background stamp from
 The Ton called Morning Glory Garden Cling Background for quite some time. I have stamped and heat embossed on watercolour cardstock, copic cardstock, multimedia cardstock and vellum. My zigs did not work well on the watercolour cardstock and ruined the piece I was working on. The multimedia piece is half finished and waiting for inspiration and was put aside. 

The idea for vellum and zigs came today and I am in love, I love the look. Again no water, three colours each pulling the next to add the movement. I added the panel nearly complete to a white card base. I splurged recently on the large letter words also from The Ton so today I have used the 'You're amazing'.


I die cut in gold glitter paper and pink fun foam. I added double sided tape to the fun foam before die cutting and left the letters in the original piece of foam, used tweezers to remove the backing tape then added the gold glitter letters. After that I added glue to the back of the funfoam and let it dry enough so that it was tacky and could be placed without making a mess.

A few sequins finished the design off.  It doesn't look half as brilliant as it does in real life I tell you, I am wrapped, such an easy way to colour this background stamp and I am looking at that pale pink and already thinking of other ideas.

Now we have a wonderful Guest Designer this month, Stef from Perry Papercrafts
 and she has made the most amazing card for this months Challenge. So don't forget to check it out and also have a look around the rest of her blog and her amazing cards. We were so please that she agreed to join us this month not only for the start of the challenge but also for the reminder so we look forward to seeing what she creates later in the month as well.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and now its time to go check out The Flower Challenge and see what the Design Team have been up to. From the sneak peaks I had during the week you are in for some  amazing inspiration from the girls who have chosen from a number of different Challenges. 
Once at The Flower Challenge you can click on any of their links and go directly to their blog to read up on how they designed their card.


Challenges:






No buttons or Pearls




No smile but lots of sparkle. Wasn't sure with this card
as the Zigs are watercolour brushes but I used the colours 
to move the colours no water so if you feel its wrong let me
know and I will take out of link.











16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Over the top GORGEOUS! I love all those vivid colors!!

Kim Heggins said...

YOU are Simply Amazing!

I Card Everyone said...

I am so intrigued by this technique, I may have to give it a whirl, Aileen! Such drama, Mama! Truly amazing... xx
=]

Macimbalo said...

Wow you card is amazing! Really gorgeous colors! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge!

Sheryl said...

OMG! this is just amazing. I love the colours, the embossing - everything!!!!
Thanks for dropping by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Ruth said...

Amazing, amazing and AMAZING! It is so bright, so bold and so beautiful. I am really aiming to get a card in for this challenge as I haven't done a floral card for ages. Kick me if I haven't posted in a week!! xx

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, I'm speechless with how incredible this is!!!!!!!!

lostinpaper said...

Stunning!

Karen Dunbrook said...

this card is so amazing....everytime I see it on one of my feeds I just drool!
so well done mf.
xx Karen

Stef Perry said...

A stunning card Aileen, with brilliant, bold colors and all that wonderful gold! I've not tried Zigs on vellum before but you've certainly inspired me!

Viv said...

Sorry I am so late commenting Aileen ! Fabulous fabulous card here,the bright colours and beautiful flowers wow! The gold goes so well with it all too,just stunning mf 😀 hugs Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

Love these bright and beautiful colors. This is so gorgeous and the gold adds such a beautiful touch!

TaeEun said...

The bold and bright colors of your Ziggies are gorgeous on the vellum!!! Love the pink fun foam peeking out !!!

Michelle W said...

Absolutely stunning Aileen!

Bobby said...

So bold and beautiful, Aileen. I too am embracing the Copic coloring style of Zig coloring.

Janine said...

Gorgeous card